Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Play in Fox 36 bushes
  • wl
    Free Member

Anyone experienced play in their Fox 36 Van R bushes? When I grip the top of the leg, just below where the stanchion enters it, and rock the bike back and forth with the brake on, there’s some play in there. Been there for a while, and recent service has confirmed that the stanchions etc are all in good nick. I think I noticed the play while riding for the first time the other day (as opposed to static). Mojo say it shouldn’t be a problem and it’s down to the ‘hydrostatic lubrication’ or whatever they call it. Anyone had any experience of this? Ta.

wl
    Free Member

No one had play/knocking in their 36s?

rickon
    Free Member

It’s normal. There’s a small space between the bushes and the stanchion, this is filled up with the oil when in use – check your oil levels, or turn the bike upside down for a bit – you should notice the knock is a lot less.

I’ve checked this with LoCo and direct with Mojo too, and they all agree it’s normal. Although it feels odd to me.

grum
    Free Member

A tiny bit – never noticed it when riding though.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Old mans Fox’s do the same.

It’s normal.

evanssuspension
    Free Member

A small amount of play is totally normal and nothing to be alarmed about. So long as your stanchion isn’t worn then all is good! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Play in Fox 36 bushes’ is closed to new replies.