Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Play in centre lock disc?
  • FOG

I have just spent a couple of hours trying to sort out the play in my headset. Eventually I realised it was the centre lock disc not the headset! These are my first centre lock wheels and I needed to use adapters to put on 6 bolt discs cos I hadn’t got any centre lock discs. The wheels and adapters are new and I can’t see why there is play. Oddly this is front only, no play in the rear. Any advice out there? Oh the adapters are Superstar……….

neilwheel
    Free Member

Are the front and rear axles the same diameter?

FOG

No 15mm at front, q/r rear on XT wheels

mallorcadave
    Free Member

Try swapping the adapters round to see if it eliminates the problem

neilwheel
    Free Member

Try swapping them. I think you might need an additional spacer on the front.

riddoch

i had a rear that was similar, the lock ring couldnt aplly enough pressure wihout a spacer.

FOG

Right just going to try a spacer!

bspoked
    Free Member

In the absence of a spacer…

I have used a rubber o-ring. For years. Without bother.

steezysix
    Free Member

I’ve got the same with my superstar adaptor (front brake) – it’s only noticeable when rocking the bike back and forth, can’t feel it under braking so I don’t worry about it. I assume it’s due to a slight bit of play between the adaptor and the splines on the hub.

gt900uk
    Free Member

What disc? I had Shimano discs that had play between the spider and actual disc at the rivet point.

FOG

Spacer didn’t work, I think steezysix seems to have got it. The actual Shimano disc is fine with no play in spider.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I had problems with Superstar on my rear wheel so went DT Swiss. Goodbye problem. Also solved the problem of having too heavy a wallet. 😥

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Play in centre lock disc?’ is closed to new replies.