Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Play in a Mavic crosstrail rear hub,
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Anyone have the same problem?
    I’ve got a Mavic spoke key/bearing pre-tensioner tool but the nipple/circlip bits don’t actually fit anything.
    Any ideas?

colin9

[/url]
    Similar thing mentioned a week or so ago.

colin9

Can’t get the URL to work properly from my phone, sorry!

SOAP
    Free Member

Hmmmmm not many answers on that thread. Common problem by the looks of it.

matt1986
    Free Member

I am lead to believe that mavic hubs are ment to have some play in them. I could be wrong though.

Nobby

Depending on its age, it probably has a nylon bushing inside the free hub body. These wear out & end up giving you play no matter how tight everything else is.

Mavic’s answer is to replace the free hub body itself -about £35 the last time I looked. There are aftermarket alternatives just selling the bushing itself and it’s a doddle to swap em once you have the free hub off.

I got my last one from the Hub Doctor on fleabay.

HERE

SOAP
    Free Member

Thanks Nobby do you know which one it is for Crossrides 2013

darrenspink
    Free Member

Could be the same thing that happens to my crossride hub. Dirt enters them and they need a quick service/clean out and re-oil. Theres a few vids on youtube.

sprocker
    Free Member

What year are the wheels, mine did it after a couple of months so they went back and had totally different internals fitted. Been fine for about 10 rides so far

SOAP
    Free Member

Guessing 2012/13 bikes got 3 months warranty and only ridden once

sprocker
    Free Member

I bought mine new 2nd hand took them into lbs who sent them of to mavic. All done for free, think they are the same year as mine and it’s a fault with the hubs so I would send them off

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Play in a Mavic crosstrail rear hub,’ is closed to new replies.