• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by wl.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Platypus hydration packs
  • DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience of these? They look good, clever design bits, and I like the fact they have waist pockets. Quite tempted by the Duthie 10.

andybrad

Ive used the bladders. They are good. the new valves are a bit short on flow tho

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Yeah, heard they need a bit of effort. Anyone else got experience of the packs themselves?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Used their bladders in camebaks for 10 years. Small filling cap on this one I have and still going strong. No idea on the packs, sorry.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Had mine for perhaps 5 years perhaps longer

One clasp has broken in it that was a clip for the water tube- possibly accident damage though. all zips work as new and dont stick and all other clips are perfect. No rips or tears, no mould and it is light grey in colour so a bit surprised by that given ho infrequently I wash it. Stitching is fine and I have over filled it a few time. It is good enough to sell on here and get my money back

Apart form that one clip faultless- I bough it new on ebay because it was very very cheap
    TBH it has aged better than my camelbak and I cannot praise it enough as a pack

Bladder was crap mind as it was the weird seal thing to fill but I lost it in a house move which was a blessing in disguise. They have changed the design of them iirc

mechanised

Got an origin 3, no problems at all over last couple of years, still good as new. Also found bite valve flow a bit slow but swapped for an old camelbak valve and was bob on. Wash it about once every couple of weeks, use it every day!

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Really useful, think I’ll push the button, cheers all!

wl
    Free Member

If their bladders are anything to go by they’ll be good. In my experience the bladders are simple, easy to use, totally reliable and last for many years.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Platypus hydration packs’ is closed to new replies.