• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by StuE.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Plastic tube for bleeding Hope brakes…?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Trying to find the correct diameter clear tubing to bleed my M4 brakes…any suggestions? I don’t really fancy paying £30+ for the official bleed kit. Cheers.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Windscreen washer tube from halfords or a cheap bleed kit, aquarium air tube from a pet shop.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Quick blag at your friendly local bike shop?

boxelder

Home brew kit from hardware shop

pedalhead
    Free Member

windscreen washer tubing looks suitably cheap & simple. Anyone know the diameter required for Hope stuff? I know it’s different to Avid as my Juicy bleed kit tube is too small. Cheers.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Check the garage at your in-law’s place – there’s a blead kit in there that I left behind. – It’s the genuine Hope deal, in a hope brake rotor box.

The pipe from the sump bottle doobry is ‘adjusted’ to fit a track pump so you can pressure the **** out of it…

Stupid me should have brought it with me, as a bleed kit over here is well expensive.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

B+Q sell various dia clear tubing by the mtr.

oxnop
    Free Member

I bought some windscreen washer tubing from halfrauds yesterday( I got the largest size), it didn’t fit my gf’s mono minis. So I boiled it in some water, then streched it down a piece of metal rod then melted the end so it stayed that size. It worked a treat.

drew

Our local motor parts store sells clear tubing by the foot so its not expensive to try a couple of different sizes out. check out the ones near you.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Maplins sell an educational hydraulics kit that includes tubing and a few syringes which is ideal for brake bleeding purposes.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Check the garage at your in-law’s place – there’s a blead kit in there that I left behind. – It’s the genuine Hope deal, in a hope brake rotor box.

The pipe from the sump bottle doobry is ‘adjusted’ to fit a track pump so you can pressure the **** out of it…

Stupid me should have brought it with me, as a bleed kit over here is well expensive.

Hi matey, good to see you on here. Thanks for the tip…I’ll nip up there later & see if I can dig it out. If u need it I can always send it over…?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Home brew kit from hardware shop

+1
    I just went to a home brewing shop to get some. Pence. Various syringes left over for child’s illness and sorted…oh and a jam jar.

gavinski
    Free Member

old camelback tube?

i can ecommend the bleed kit though – makes the whole job way easier with the pressure going in. The only bit that you couldn’t knock up yourself is the bleed top cap for the reservoir though – so £30 is a bit steep, but if there’s one sitting there waiting for you then i’d get that rather than faffing about.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Hi matey, good to see you on here. Thanks for the tip…I’ll nip up there later & see if I can dig it out. If u need it I can always send it over…?

Ah, that might a good option. have a look and if it’s serviceable feel free to use and perhaps we’ll sort something out in the near future.
    Been sat in there for a few years now though eh…

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Homebase/B&Q/Wickes etc all sell lengths of hose/rope/chain etc by the metre.

I get mine from Homebase, for £1 a metre.

Bargain.

StuE
    Free Member

Large syringe from chemist (50p) had a bit of tube in the garage the fit the syringe but not the bleed nipple, heated end of pipe with a lighter, pushed it on bleed nipple now fits a treat, its much easier bleeding from the bottom up, I use a kids plastic bucket to catch the bit of overflow, I do remove the wheel and pads so they don’t get contaminated.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Plastic tube for bleeding Hope brakes…?’ is closed to new replies.