Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plastic sheds – any good?
  • flip
    Free Member

Do you get condensation?

The Keter ones have floor but i have seen ones without what your opinions?

andyl
    Free Member

no idea if they are any good or on the condensation but take a loot at Costco.co.uk Would be worth the joining fee to save the 5% surcharge (£15 per year for online, £20 for store + online).

Not sure I would keep a bike in there (easy to cut through quietly with a basic blow torch) unless you put a cage in there but for general DIY and garden crap I wouldn’t have a problem. They seem pretty well made and should last a long time.

stumpyjon

Lot better than a metal shed. I have two of the big plastic boxes which keeo things surprisingly dry. Not massively secure but that’s what concrete and ground anchors are for.

footflaps

My concern would be UV stability of the plastic. Unless it’s good, they could fall apart after a few years whereas the cheapest wood shed will last 10+ years….

mark90
    Free Member

My plastic shed is about 7 years old and still fine condition. No maintenance. Pressure washed it and dismantled to move to new house. Very easy to construct or dismantle. Drawbacks are lack of security and general sturdiness. You can’t put up shelves and stuff lent against the sides can cause them to bow out especially when the sun heats up the plastic. Condensation doesn’t seem to be any worse than a wood shed, and certainly better than the metal one i had, there is some small amount of eve level air ventilation.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Plastic sheds – any good?’ is closed to new replies.