Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Plastic sheds
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Surely they make a lot more sense than wooden ones that eventually rot?

SaxonRider

I have a plastic ‘half shed’ in my back garden that cost me quite a bit of money at the time, and I would argue that no, they definitely do NOT make more sense.

Sure, wood has to be maintained, but plastic – already so environmentally unfriendly – decomposes, and the moving parts (hinges and the like) become brittle and break quite quickly.

I would not get one again.

trail_rat
    Free Member

C-O-N-D-E-N-S-A-T-I-O-N

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

When we moved into our current house, the previous owners had very kindly left their placcy shed at the bottom of the garden. Its only small but its great. Solid, has metal hinges/locks etc and has loads of handy little hooks etc inside for stuff. No idea what make etc but I’d definitely consider a placcy shed if you only wanted a small one. Big sheds must be made from wood though – its a law I’m sure.

footflaps

Surely they make a lot more sense than wooden ones that eventually rot?

All depends on how UV stable the plastic is. Eventually the plasticiser will fail and it will go brittle.

molgrips
    Free Member

Thinking of extending the fence outwards creating a larger slot and putting in a bigger shed. Sick to death of crap all over the patio and garden.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I have three of these of varying ages at our caravan for storing all the outdoor stuff and they’ve been great. They keep the contents dry in all weathers.

Wouldn’t keep anything of value in them though as they’re about as secure as a wet paper bag.

They’ve required zero maintenance in ten years other than the occasional blast with a pressure washer for cosmetic purposes.
    So far no issues with the plastic becoming brittle and breaking although the colour has faded slightly as they’ve weathered.

towzer

Keter Apex 8 x 10 here, also did extra base via plastic squares(admittedly onto slab but to make sure stays dry)

had 2 yrs, very pleased, not leaked atall, only maintenance is a yearly wipe (*it’s inset and has hedge on 2 sides and 2 trees on another and a large tree above – the old wooden shed it replaced was totally waterlogged with external and internal mould – and that was with annual wire/scrubbing brushing etc)

recommended (*but not if security is a reqt)

mark90
    Free Member

Had a Keter apex one for about 10 years. Brought it when we moved house as it’s easy to dismantle and mantle. Quick wash with the pressure washer to get the green off and it looks like new. Not gone bittle yet. No condensation issues. Not at all secure. Not solid enough for leaning things against the walls, causes walls to bow in hot sun (shouldn’t be an issue in Wales 😉 )

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s a fairly dank spot, and the current shed is only about 6 years old and is looking very green.

Cost might be an issue for something as big as I am thinking.

project
    Free Member

Neighbours shed is plastic,his cat still hasnt realised in frosty weather the roof is like an ice rink and the cat still slides off.

Think of your cats

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Plastic sheds’ is closed to new replies.