Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Plastic Recycling
  • wool

Local council no longer takes plastic bags or such like we are ok with plastic container recycling as they still take that but we still manage to generate quite a bit of bag type plastic. So it all goes to land fill/ incineration, would I not be better burning it on the multi fuel and get the heating benefit myself rather than firing the local incinerator? Same eco disaster all round ??

nickjb
    Free Member

How are you getting the plastic bags? We used to have a bag full of bags to be used as bin bags and other general usage in the days when shops would throw them at you and you had to actively say no thanks. Since the bag tax we pretty much don’t have any. Big supermarkets often have collection points for recycling bags

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep stop getting the bags, heaps of alternatives

wool

Its if you buy anything it has some sort of plastic film, Inner bit of a cereal box is always plastic its that kinda stuff I am talking about. Any lose veg & fruit you are required to put it to plastic.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Any lose veg & fruit you are required to put it to plastic.

you can get either cloth bags or there is no actual rule telling you to put it in a bag, never do/did
    In terms of the bag in your cereal can they actually be recycled?

mrhoppy

Short answer, no. Unless you multifuel burner is running some fancy ass filters and burning at 800+C. Stack emissions are heavily monitored.

antimony
    Free Member

So a commercial incinerator is the best option for the environment, but what comes second – home burning or landfill?

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Any lose veg & fruit you are required to put it to plastic.”

Is that a waitress rule ? I certainly don’t do it.

project
    Free Member

Tesco and Morrisons take plastic film back,recycling points near entrances, put in large white bin liner, so they know its plastic film as opposed to a black bin bag, attach to vaccumn cleaner hose and suck out air, reduces size and is easily stored, thats what i do.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Plastic Recycling’ is closed to new replies.