Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Plastic Pedals
  • edward2000
    Free Member

I need some new flat pedals and i am wandering if plastic pedals are up to the job? I see Nukeproof offer some pedals. Would i be sacrificins durability over weight? How to they handle rock strikes Are Nukeproof the plastic pedals to go for?

Any advice would be great!

howdoo
    Free Member

How about these HT PA03A Pedals – new design seem to be getting good reviews. I haven’t got a pair yet. OneUP also do some plastic pedals if u can find them in stock. Or NP Horizons.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I have a couple of pairs of Superstar plastic and a pair of DMR V6 in plastic.
    These are not fitted to my main mud plugging bikes but they have all performed fine.

kayak23

RaceFace Chester here.
    Love them.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I run Superstar El Plastiques and they’re great. Watch out for the pins being loose when they first arrive but tightened them up properly and they’ve never undone.
    Shrugged off plenty of rock strikes and grip well with my 2FOs.

VanHalen

i use the newer (non convex) nukeproof electrons and i like em.

the old ones were shit.

iainc

my sons were both on the El Plastique ones, which took a load of abuse. Sold them with their bikes a few months back and they are now on the DMR V6 Plastics, which they both prefer.

jaylittle
    Free Member

I have Nukeproof Electrons on both my bikes and quite like them!

Northwind

I really like the Nukeproof Horizons- the outer, plastic pins snap off but it doesn’t seem to matter much, otherwise they’re great, and great value. Didn’t think much of the electrons tbh but apparently they’ve changed the design a bit

P-Jay
    Free Member

Plastic is a better material for the job than Alu – forget about them being cheaper – it’s a better material IMO.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Nukeproof Horizons here.

No complaints at all. I’d go so far as to say they are considerably better than the DMR Vaults I replaced them with.

mcnultycop

Nukeproof Electrons on one MTB and a set just purchased to go on the next MTB. Grippy as, cheaper and they don’t look battered after one ride.

mildbore

Nukeproof electrons here. Cheap, light and strong

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Another recommendation for the RaceFace Chesters here. Had mine a year, no issues at all.

wl
    Free Member

Had loads of flats over 20+ years and plastic Nukeproofs have easily been the best (and cheapest and lightest) so far. They make a mockery of posh flats three or four times the price.

onedpete
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of the new HT ones mentioned above and they are awesome. Really well put together and a nice big platform compared to the NP or RF ones. Light too….Recommended!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Plastic Pedals’ is closed to new replies.