Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Plastic Grass
  • poly
    Free Member

oldgit – I’m confused. People fought in two world wars so that I’d have to maintain a lawn? **** me that’s not how they taught history when I went to school… or do you mean they fought wars to protect the quaint british way of life (I’m not sure that is true either)? Because quite a lot of the young lads from our cities who died in those wars had never had a lawn.

TimP
    Free Member

I have it in my current house as the ground was waterlogged and poorly draining. It is a new build and the garden appears to have been infilled with a very clayey topsoil which never dried out, and the existing grass dies and left a mud patch of about 3m x 3m. I laid plastic grass as it was that or decking/concrete, or just mud. I agree with the comments of go as expensive as possible. there are loads of different companies that do it and they will all send samples so worth contacting as many as possible. Our new house has a proper sized garden with grass which I am looking forward to, but fake grass definitely has its place, especially when you have little kids. Jnr P could fall over and not get cut or dirty to her hearts content, even just after rain as it dries very quickly.

kayak23

Jnr P could fall over and not get cut or dirty to her hearts content, even just after rain as it dries very quickly.

Presumably she’ll learn about the ACTUAL world she lives in from a film or something?… 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    psychobiker
    Free Member

To all the haters, this is ours and we love it

Makes clearing up after the dogs easy no more muddy mess in the house. No more cow meadow as an attempt at a lawn. We are a south facing garden so tended to have dead grass in the summer and mud in the winter.

We do have real grass elsewhere on the estate 😆 but love the ease of this bit. Did it primarily because of the dogs, but dont even notice if its real or not now.

Marcel

santacruzsi
    Free Member

We have plastic grass and it’s very good. No cutting ( obviously) and dog eggs clean up well. Just give it a hose down and broom once every so often. Pricey but worth it. I used a company called golf greens 4 u . The guy come all the way from Newport Pagnell to Manchester to do it in a day. Recommended!

richmtb

So in summary then: Everyone who has it thinks its great and people who have no experience of it think its a bad idea. STW in a nutshell really

psychobiker
    Free Member

I think thats about it in a nutshell.

kayak23

richmtb – Member
    So in summary then: Everyone who has it thinks its great and on a superficial level I’m sure it must be and people who have no experience of it don’t need to have direct experience to realise that its a bad idea and a sad reflection on the way we are headed as a species. STW in a nutshell really

FTFY 😀

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I eagerly await the first “check out my new ride” thread where plastic grass is spotted.

I kinda like the idea, I hate the suburban drag of feeding, weeding, watering and mowing.

although at £38/m^2 I’m thinking a miniramp would be a better idea.

I can see it’d be cool to ave it out front instead of bloc paving though – car proof?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Plastic Grass’ is closed to new replies.