Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plasterboard repairs – how to fix?
  • Moses

I’ve an electric heater which was attached to a plasterboard partition wall by wall plugs. It was leant on, and one side has come detached from the wall, pulling away a load of the plasterboard so impossible to reattach it. How should I re-mount the heater? Any ideas from builders or bodgers?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Find where the studs are behind the plasterboard and fit a plywood pad through the plaster board to the studs behind the heater.

Screw the heater brackets to the plywood pad.

fifeandy
    Free Member

I’m not in any way a builder/bodger, but having just had to patch a ceiling, its not actually that hard.
    You cut out the damaged piece of plasterboard, and enlarge in rectangle shape to nearest wooden beams behind. Attach new strips of 2×2 to the inside edges of current beams to screw replacement board to.
    I guess at this stage you might also consider putting additional wooden beams in as attachment points for your heater?
    This is the easy bit – if I can do it, anyone can.

Then follow one of many youtube videos for plastering a patch, which they make look easy, but is not so much….

ThePinkster

As above or fit horizontal batons to the studs on top of the plasterboard and fix the heater to them.

Depends how much space there is in front of the heater, too.

Moses

Excellent advice, thanks. I will attempt it right now.

Moses

Yay! It worked fine.

Thank you chaps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Plasterboard repairs – how to fix?’ is closed to new replies.