Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Planting a tree as a memorial
  • cinnamon_girl

Does anyone have experience of this please? I’ve checked out the Woodland Trust website and the woods currently available are in a different part of the country.

Basically looking for somewhere that has public access and obviously appreciate that a plaque will not be permitted.

Thanks as always. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

You could have a word with the parks department at your local council.

RealMan
    Free Member

Does it have to be in a wood? We’re having one done on campus soon.

fasthaggis

Don’t know where you are,but you could try
    here

Northwind

Woodland Trust you can certainly sponsor a tree but tbh it doesn’t feel that memorial-ish, there’s not that much “ownership” or whatever and it’ll go in managed woodland, they reserve the right to chop it down.

If I was going to do this, I’d probably just go and find a suitable spot in a suitable bit of woods- field edge, local parkland where a tree’s died, something like this. Do a bit of breaking-and-gardening. Though having said that I could probably organise something with our estates office, we’ve got loads of interesting trees on site, one more wouldn’t hurt.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the replies. ‘Lifeforalife’ doesn’t have any sites nearby. It really needs to be somewhere that is appropriate for personal reflection and the reasonably newly planted wood that I had in mind unfortunately doesn’t want any more trees. I may try to contact the Warden.

Edit: yes, Woodland Trust offer a ‘dedication’ that, imo, amounts to nothing very much.

footflaps

This would be my first port of call…..

cinnamon_girl

The thought of dogs weeing and defecating on my parents’ ashes is too distressing to contemplate. 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Planting a tree as a memorial’ is closed to new replies.