Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Nick

I am suffering from this in my left foot, probably as a result of over compensating for a weak right ankle…

Any experiences of recovery times and treatments that actually worked?

May end up going to see the physio but in my experience he’ll wiggle my foot about a bit then slap some gel on it and give me a bit of ultrasound, awesome.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Nick – daft (ish) statement but try and track down (by recomendation -look up your local running club and give them a call, see who they use?) a sports physio in your area i had the same issue as you (with physios..) struggled with my knees for years, 3 different physios, all pretty much prescribed stretches and worked my knees / ultrasound application stuff, never with much success.

Decided to give it ‘one last try’ and, fortunately for me got recommended to a guy called Paul (Edgerton Clinic in Huddersfield, just in case you are close).
    He took one look at me, diagnosed the root cause of the issue (in your case it seems its your ankle), set about resolving it an lo – long story short, things are very much improved….
    Oh, and he’s an mtb’er as well 😀

Best of luck getting sorted.
    Chris

snowslave

I suffered from this last year- for about 6 months at least in both feet. You should defo see a physio as recommended above. And there is a big difference between a good un and an indifferent one. I saw both types and got to recognise the difference. The first one failed to even diagnose plantar fasciitis. Erm, if you just type “sore feet” into google it comes up first ffs!!!! Second one was a proper sports physio with good knowledge of running, cycling etc – iron men triathletes tend to know their stuff I suppose.

I got exercises to do, insoles, brutal massage involving elbows to the soles of feet, and poked with pins. Sorted me out eventually.

There’s lots of different treatments depending on root cause etc etc, but I’d recommend you stop trying to self diagnose – quicker you see someone with the knowledge, quicker you’ll be cured matey…….

flatfish
    Free Member

see a podiatrist, as you say a physio will slap some gel on and give it a bit of ultrasound.

mine gave me footbeds to go in my shoes, exercises and a bit of ultrasound, pain went after about a week or two.

still use footbeds now two years later but never had a problem since.

snowslave

In my case, the podiatrist worked closely with the physio once it became clear the first few sessions of physio weren’t going to shift it quickly. Insoles made a big difference, but the podiatrist was kind enough to suggest I try some cheapo ones from Boots and see how they worked before shelling out £100+ for some made to fit ones. He reckoned most people are sorted with the ones available off the shelf.

chomp
    Free Member

I had this a few years ago and had about 5 months of wearing some proper fitting trainers (no work shoes woo hoo) and inserts which done the trick.

It was **** painful, but was during winter so I didn’t miss out on too much activity.

DO get it looked at by a podiatrist though, I had 3 different dr’s look at it before I went private and got it sorted

Nick

cheers, hmmm doesn’t sound good for the Rat Race in September does it… 🙁

snowslave

You never know! The physio said sometimes it can be cleared pretty quickly, depends on root cause. Quicker you get to see someone who knows what they’re talking the better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Plantar Fasciitis’ is closed to new replies.