Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plantar fasciitis
  • overbikedagain
    Free Member

What do you know…I’ve just got it…pretty fit not obese…did spend a lot of time on my feet last year….been sore ever since…need to sort it

Pigface
    Free Member

Use the search, quite a few threads about sorting this out

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I & others at work have used shoe/boot inserts which have all been pretty successful. Think I paid £18 for some Scholl one’s which I’ve had for about 4 years.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    renton
    Free Member

I’ve had it for quite a while on and off. It was so bad at one point I couldn’t walk on it first thing in the morning sometimes.

I found a lot of calf and achilies stretching help a lot.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I saw a fantastic guy in Loughborough who sorted mine after seeing a couple of podiatrist with no luck. It was a combination of core exercises and orthotics. To be honest, I think the core work was more useful than the orthotics.

Have you had a proper diagnosis? Plantar fasciitis just mean the bottom of your foot hurts. The foot is a very complex thing. You need to find someone who can tell you exactly what is causing it, why, and how to correct it.

sofatester
    Free Member

You need to find someone who can tell you exactly what is causing it, why, and how to correct it.

This.

I found a lot of calf and achilles stretching help a lot.

And this.

BigR

Try googling arthritis research uk plantar fasciitis. It should take you to a good exercise sheet, instead of a rolling pin try a can of coke/beer from the fridge. Good luck

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Calf stretches, rest, ice, agrgressive (self massage) and then the final most important bit a tennis ball and a coke can. Become obsessive about massaging your feet wit the ball or can over and over the spot. Works like magic and saves the fees!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Plantar fasciitis’ is closed to new replies.