• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Plantar facicitsis
  • overbikedagain
    Free Member

It’s been on here before but I can’t find it……I’ve been diagnosed with it now and had a bit of an argument with my gp who thought 2-3months is a quick time to wait to see a podiatrist……I’m now looking at paying for one…

Any other tips for helping the healing process?

bonchance
    Free Member

How bad is it? Urgent assistance is unlikely unless you pay – but it may end up being a steroid shot (!)

Another PoV from medics can often be (broadly) that it’s an overuse injury and unlikely to be acute without an incident/trauma.

Following that leads to typical rest/heal (RICE) then condition (stretch or strengthen bits). Physio would help guide the latter part.

Frustrating I know!

ampthill

Stretch!!!

link

stever
    Free Member

I know a few runners with issues, it can be a swine to shift 🙁

Onzadog
    Free Member

Roll frozen bottles of water under the foot to ease pain. Pay for a proper diagnose. Plantar fasciitis means “sore foot”. There are loads of things it could be.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Roll a beer bottle under the foot.
    Roll a prickle ball under the foot.
    Foam roller calf muscles, stretch calf muscles.
    Stretch hamstrings.
    Foam roll and stretch all over.

Ringo
    Free Member

I suffered with it for months, stretching is important the best way I found was to stand on a step with your toes and drtopii yuyour heels below the step. Also the heel inserts in shoes were a big help to correct my stance.

overbikedagain
    Free Member

Great advice all….thanks muchly.ive tried a few of these things already just need to be more disciplined with the stretching..I do tend to be bare foot a lot but will change this..hopefully the podiatrist will help too…biking seems to aggravate it too which sucks

Onzadog
    Free Member

By comparison, mine was nothing to do with tightness or stretching. Core exercises were the answer for me along with some hard plastic orthotics.

JCL
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1iZg_e4veWk[/video]

sadmadalan

Was diagnosed with this on Friday! So a timely thread. GP pointed me at a website for exercises and said the effectively with rest and exercise it would get better in time. But time was anything from one week to one year!!

captaincarbon
    Free Member

sadmadalan, your GP is right!
    Try all the icing, rolling of the plantar fascia, and streches for your gastocs and soleus. They all help. massage can play a huge part in a speedier recovery. Find some stihff soled walking boots to ease the pain to start with, so the foot is resting whilst still being able to walk, and put a small heel lift under both feet to reduce tension to the achillies.

I find that simple insoles with medial rearfoot posting and lateral foefroot posting have been very helpful in some of my patients . . . but you need to find a Podiatrist to sort that for you

timidwheeler

Mine was caused by lack of support for my unusually high arches. Custom insoles sorted it. I find lots of cycling shoes are very flat inside with no support at all. I have a pair of Sole insoles I use in my Five Tens and no longer ache in my feet after riding. Walking round in bare feet always causes me problems.

finbar
    Free Member

I haven’t run since June due to PF. Ironically I survived months of training to run a 2h35m London marathon at the end of April without so much as a twinge, only to tear my plantar fascia pushing daft gears on my fixie two months later.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

All the above and don’t be tempted to run. I prolonged my rehab by trying to go out too early. Mine was caused by running on sand dunes with inappropriate(and cheap)shoes.

DezB
    Free Member

I got it from tennis and it’s ruining my life. So thanks for the tips!
    It’s been easy to ignore and carry on playing football etc, but the pain after is getting ridiculous.
    Not sure JCL’s video is relevant, but this one looks useful
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hauyuX-uCq8[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Hey sufferers! Those there massages I posted above are like a miracle cure!

Two days of following that and I can now stand in the morning without much pain.
    Highly recommended.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Plantar facicitsis’ is closed to new replies.