Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Planning Expertists – Guidance Sought!
  • Vern0n
    Free Member

DOH!
    Little miss Vern0n’s school have, er, missed a planning application meaning the local council have approved a small-ish development of houses being built right next to the gates!

Basically can anything be done now it’s got this far? There are obvious concerns such as the safety of little uns during the building work, the danger from a parking entrance next to the school gates, and weirdos peering at the children from the houses once occupied.

The school (and many locals) did object to an almost identical application on the site at the end of last year but heard nothing more since it was rejected.

The council have said that notices were put up – over summer holidays – and no objections received.

I am a little suspicious that signs were visible and stayed up over this time given the number of prior objections.

Long story short – can anything be done, or any valid appeal be made?
    WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!?

Vern0n
    Free Member

….btw t’s an infant / Junior school if it makes any difference!

jam-bo

Why can’t houses be built next to a school?

project
    Free Member

Basically can anything be done now it’s got this far? There are obvious concerns such as the safety of little uns during the building work, the danger from a parking entrance next to the school gates, and weirdos peering at the children from the houses once occupied

The builder will arrange deliveries outside of school arrival and departure times, where do parents park when dropping off their offspring , anywhere they like, it apears with absolutely no interaction from the local police or PCSO,s ,your last comment is so pathetic and attention seeking it doesnt need a coment.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

jam bo – Member
    Why can’t houses be built next to a school?

Because of all the weirdos silly

the-muffin-man

My daughters school is surrounded by houses as are hundreds of other schools in the UK – you’re just being paranoid!

Jason
    Free Member

See if you can find some endangered newts on the site, that might slow it by a month or two.

With the current push for (and increased price of) housing I would be amazed if the development could be stopped at this stage. I deal with small housing developments on a daily basis, lots do get delayed slightly, but they all seem to go ahead in the end.

fionap

If they’ve got permission you’re too late. Unless there was some anomaly and the school wasn’t consulted – as a direct neighbour I would expect them to have received a letter – in which case you could attempt to complain.

Check the conditions attached to the planning permission – it’s likely the applicant will have to provide a travel plan specifying vehicle movements during and after construction, including banksmen and timing of deliveries etc as considered appropriate by highways/planners. Highways will have considered the proximity of the development entrance to the school’s entrance and it must have been acceptable in terms of visibility and anticipated vehicle movements. In addition, there are probably restrictions to the overlooking of the school playground/classroom windows (e.g. the houses probably won’t have ‘habitable’ rooms overlooking).

The first step (after a thorough read of the decision notice and conditions) would be to contact the case officer and have a friendly chat – there’s probably nothing they can do at this stage but if there is they will appreciate a constructive approach. The case officer name will be on the decision notice – download it and all the drawings from the local authority’s website.

Vern0n
    Free Member

Ok, cool, so no planning experts then 8)

your last comment is so pathetic and attention seeking it doesn’t need a comment

Ditto. But you couldn’t resist. 🙄

I’m not overly concerned, except perhaps the entrance to the parking area being so close to school gates. Just wondered if anything can be done in terms of belated appeal / objection.

Vern0n
    Free Member

Newts that’s it…. And bats!

fionap, cheers, all useful to know, iirc they can be quite strict re highway clearance, angle of vision etc.

Pretty sure they didn’t get a direct letter though and would have thought they’d have got more specific contact from the planning team if a prior objection made.

loddrik
    Free Member

Section 106, councils are skint, there’s your answer. Unless the Councillors are on your side, very little can be done.

(ex Planning Officer)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Builders like us love nimbys like you. Suck it up sugar tits the diggers are on their way 😉

csb

Unlikely to be any legitimate concerns that would carry any weight in planning terms, you certainly haven’t raised any impacts that couldn’t be mitigated against.

Vern0n
    Free Member

Ok thx for the thoughts.

wrightyson – builders like who? You? Hard man cold as iccccce 🙄

Nimby? If you’d actually read my post, I’ve personally no real objection as long as the key concerns were given due consideration and the correct process followed.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hard man? Cold as ice? Nah just a builder. And if its been granted then of course all things are considered. Sometimes for all of three seconds it would seem. Take solace in the fact that the builder will no doubt struggle to sell them. Who’d want to live bang next to a school with noisy kids and idiot parents just parking where they like.

martinhutch

Who’d want to live bang next to a school with noisy kids and idiot parents just parking where they like.

Weirdos, obviously. Did you not read the OP? 🙂

pjm84
    Free Member

I’ve stopped laughing now.

Google – “Judicial Review Planning”

aracer
    Free Member

MrSmith
    Free Member

It’s schools being built next to houses you should worry about not houses being built next to schools.
    Schools mean noise, random acts of parking and traffic jams.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I’m with wrightyson, oh those poor little cherubs.

bedmaker

Where are all the paediatricians going to live if nobody is building houses overlooking school playgrounds?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Planning Expertists – Guidance Sought!’ is closed to new replies.