Any experts on here? I'd like to know if it's possible to contest the validity of a planning appeal? The developers have submitted one for a local application despite it not having been determined by the council planning committee. I'm assuming it is an appeal for non-determination - however it is currently less than 3 months since they submitted a major update to their plans (and they still haven't released all the updated documents). Hence I think it is too early as the council are not required to determine the application yet.
Presumably there must be some mechanism to prevent developers just submitting appeals for non-determination early (the timescale is an important issue here, as the updated local plan has been submitted but is awaiting examination and adoption)? I don't see why the developers should get their appeal heard earlier than it has to be. Alternatively are there any possible delaying tactics?