Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Planning a trip to Welsh Wales
  • trevron73
    Free Member

Planning a summer trip to Wales with the wife? could she do Snowden? She has done a few trail centres (Gisburn , Bedgebury and some Natural routes Mastiles lane Near Malham ,I reckon she would be ok but slow ,she thinks too tough . Just how many miles is it ? or should i send her up on the train ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Last time I was up it was too windy for the Ranger (or anything above Cloggy Station) so this is the main tourist path down. (if that helps)
    [video]http://vimeo.com/album/2311648/video/35536001[/video]

trevron73
    Free Member

Looks like fun ,i think she will go up on train when i told her it would be 4 hours of pushing up hill she said nah ?,great vid i am excited now ?

Kevevs
    Free Member

use a long lens from Cwellyn Arms to photograph someone on a bike, whilst getting drunk on Leffe. post stuff on here. hey could be anyone! forum requires close-ups as proof.. hey superimpose your gurney MBUK Doddy face on. Proof given the OK by stw forum. high five! 😀 Snowdon.. Done.

😉

timnwild

CLimb up Llanberis took me 2.5 hours of spinning and carrying, with a bunch of lads and a spot of competitive nonsense – I’d budget another hour for someone not used to carrying a bike. Be careful how you come back down – the Ranger’s path would be a leap up for a trail centre rider, as it’s rocky, the ground moves about underneath you, and there’s lots of rocks and no soft landings.

Coming back down the way you climb would be better – slower, more people (so more stops) and less face-puncturing opportunities. I intend your missus no disservice, btw – if she wants to shred down the thing like Racehl Atherton, I apologise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Planning a trip to Welsh Wales’ is closed to new replies.