Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Planetx/On – One and Yodel Bikes – Why use this useless courier?
  • Twin
    Free Member

Long story short, after ordering 2 road bikes from planet X, they have despatched them (however still getting emails saying one of the bikes is going to be built next week). Yodel put tracking info on their site, no bikes arrive but they mark them as delivered yesterday. Still no sign of bikes today. Phone Yodel, they don’t know where the bikes are. Phone planet x, they say that the Yodel system says the bikes were booked out of the Yodel warehouse at 7.30 then booked back in half an hour later with a comment saying that they were too heavy for the local courier to deliver. They said they will raise an enquiry with yodel. At the end of the day today, I ring Yodel (at 10p per min) they say they’ve had no enquiry raised. Half an hour of arguing later, yodel still say they have no idea where they are, could we describe the parcels, for all they know they could have been delivered and they would have to ask the driver (who didn’t take them) and this would take 28 hours then we have to ring them back (at 10p per min) to find out what’s happened. Seriously considering cancelling my order, Surely planet x should be trying to sort this out, I’ve already waited in for 2 days and still have no bikes!

Cougar
    rOcKeTdOg

I’ve had frames & bikes from O-O and yodel have been spot on every time

cookeaa

I get it sent to my work… Pisses off the receptionist, but Yodel know they can’t claim nobody was about at a business address and just shove the card through the box…

scotroutes

Just a wild stab in the dark, but maybe they are the cheapest?

jeff

I paid a few quid extra for the courier for my PX delivery. Unfortunately, the return is going by yodel…

Twin
    Free Member

I didn’t know I could have paid extra. Would have been willing to pay for DID delivery.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve had frames & bikes from O-O and yodel have been spot on every time

+1

Delivered one, I collected the other from the depot and they disposed of the enormous box so I could ride it home!

jeff
    Northwind

Yodel are natural partners for OO/PX tbh.

dragon
    Free Member

It just amazes me that people continue to persist with awful companies whether that be Planet-X, Yodel or ANOther.

Twin
    Free Member

This morning’s update. Spoke to planet x. Neither they or yodel have any idea where the bikes are. Considering cancelling the order.

scandal42
    Free Member

If you want the bikes then demand they send two more with a reputable courier ASAP, if they don’t agree then cancel on the spot.

martinhutch

Considering cancelling the order.

You’re being overly patient, IMO. How else are PX going to get the message about Yodel?

franksinatra

I ordered a road bike from Planet X in May. Built on time, dispatched on time, delivered on time and been delighted with the bike. I think we are quick to publicly slag off companies (and in this case that sounds well deserved) but with that comes a responsibility to acknowledge good products and service which was exactly what I got.

scandal42
    Free Member

Yep my PX road bike and various MTB frames have all been ace over the last few years. But there are far too many instances of Yodel **** people over that PX need to seriously evaluate the pro’s and con’s of using the cheapest courier to deliver their products.

Cougar

Spoke to planet x. Neither they or yodel have any idea where the bikes are.

Irrelevant. You’ve bought something and not received it. It’s PX’s responsibility to provide you with the goods, what they or anyone else does or doesn’t know isn’t your problem.

rich-c
    Free Member

To stick my two penneth in, I ordered a wheelset and a couple of small items yesterday @13:37 and paid the £2 for DHL (admittedly after hearing various reports about Yodels reputation) DHL have just delivered them now @13:15 the following day.
    All parts present and correct.

Tub glueing tonight for me.

Twin
    Free Member

If I’d realised I could have used DHL then I definitely would have. Yodel are totally incompetent.

madeupname
    Free Member

Why don’t you cancel the order, then buy them cheap when they come up on EBay, as someone at Yodek has worked out they have value and nicked them, knowing the system is soooo shi te they’ll never get the blame…

Lester
    Free Member

the same thing happened to me,
    beware
    i cancelled my order, after agreeing with planet x that they had never delivered them, and yodel admitted they still had them,BUT i had to wait 5 weeks for the refund until they had actually been received back at on-one.
    how come they can have my money but make me wait 5 weeks to get it back, even after they admit its their fault.
    havent bought from them since.

TimP
    Free Member

I get it sent to my work… Pisses off the receptionist, but Yodel know they can’t claim nobody was about at a business address and just shove the card through the box…

Not TNT, they failed to find my office in the centre of Brighton, where I and 400 other people work…said no one answered the grey door (which I can only assume is the fire exit) so rather than call or email me, sent the parcel back to the sender. Still trying to get that redelivered

Northwind

I’ve stresstested most of the couriers, trying to deliver to my office- 8200 people, 350 acres, one postcode, and an address system that’s too long to fit in most courier’s websites. Poor bastards. DHL take the prize both for consistently finding us, but also for the time one of their guys had a meltdown and started screaming down the phone at my colleague because she couldn’t give him directions from “THE MIDDLE O A LOAD A ****IN TREES”

Myhermes dudes seem most resourceful, or maybe least embarassed to admit they’ve got no idea where they are. Apart from the dude that lost his van, he wasn’t really cut out for it

granny_ring

I’ve got a ‘situation’ with Panet X and a delivery via Yodel that has gone ‘missing’. Still waiting to hear of the outcome, never had a problem with them before but not impressed so far with what I’ve been told.
    Hope to get some proper answers next week.

duntstick
    Free Member

All this stuff adds up you know, PlanetX, currently off the list. I know internet opinion is not always accurate, but as an internet sales company, that is what we have to evaluate….Looking elsewhere for the new roadbike as I live abroad and won’t risk the f’ups. No replies on STW does not inspire confidence

Sandwich

Lester, did you pay by credit card? Go through them for the refund. The threat of having your merchant facilities withdrawn sharpens most suppliers up.

scandal42
    Free Member

What’s the latest, have you weed in anyone’s shoes yet?

flashes
    Free Member

My parcel ended up in my next door neibours’ front garden got at least 1 wet overnight. I queried it, Planet X said, Yodel said it was signed for by the neighbour on the other side. The name given doesn’t live there. Still waiting for a credible reply. To be fair, I normally get stuff delivered to work but a change to PayPal (don’t get me started) meant my home address came up as the default delivery address, had no problems in the past…..

kerley
    Free Member

Never phone the courier, it is not your problem. Phone the supplier and leave it with them, it is their problem to sort out if the courier they chose have not delivered/are pissing about etc,.

Enough issues that they have to sort out and they may actually use a better courier.

granny_ring

In my case Yodel are fault free, the blame lays elsewhere.

scotroutes

Go on ya big tease!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Planetx/On – One and Yodel Bikes – Why use this useless courier?’ is closed to new replies.