Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Planet X/On One Tshirts by Reg Mombassa
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Hora I readily accept you have a complex 😉

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

On-one do seem to be following an increasingly odd arc – the ‘hilarious’ pumps were childish but when this popped into my inbox my first thought was ‘wtf?’ and my second was ‘to the forum, someone will claim its art’ 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I think they are about the most original cycling t-shirts I’ve seen in years

Original doesn’t make it good. They are infantile, naff and dont “say” anything other than “ooh I’m a bit avant-garde”. And no, I am far from a Rapha/Howies fan.

From the same school of marketing as Phaart pumps, Cove Handjobs, Stiffees and G-spots. Not being an adolescent doesn’t make you a prude or a Philistine any more than having a known artist’s name associated with something is a seal of quality or depth.

You’d look special/like a grown man with learning issues

My view of the world is complex ta.

Ah, the Ricky Gervais “Mong” defence 🙄

vondally
    Free Member

You’d look special/like a grown man with learning issues wearing them.

that post is unacceptable, unnecessary as stated above very sad.

As for art sorry for me no but art to some okay no going into that debate but as I said who will buy them looking at the posts here very few, and what is planet x core customer …art loving, avant garde hip beatnik? Not the demographic I would have thought of, would love to have seen the market research on these t shirts

nickc

I’m with the crashing monkey on this, it’s just a bit “12 year old boy”

Bum gun? really? it’s that they best you can do?

RustySpanner

Just out of interest, I work with a chap who has severe learning difficulties, mental age of five.

He takes the piss out of my dress sense all the time, constantly telling me that when we’re out everyone thinks I’m the service user and he’s the support worker.
    To be fair, he has a point. 🙂

And better dress sense than me.

Lighten up folks.

hora
    Free Member

Hand-wringing- its a joke comment and yes you would look odd at the very least in it. Especially the cock on the frame.

TooTall
    Free Member

naff

Really? I was unaware that word was still in use today.

Hand-wringers unite.

You are still likely to be seen as an idiot. You only add to the evidence for the prosecution.

khani
    Free Member

I sort of like em.. Ish..
    Sorry..
    please don’t make me drink instant coffee, or forfeit my woodburner.. 🙁

vondally
    Free Member

I sort of like em.. Ish..

okay would you buy one and wear one in public???

your woodburner is safe………

oldnick

“They will probably be as successful as those Hawaiian shirts they did about a decade ago…..”

I was given one of those a couple of years back at the on-one-hundred as a “best dressed” prize, oh the irony.

khani
    Free Member

No, I’m too tight to spend that much on a tee… 😳 if one was donated however…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Hand-wringing- its a joke comment

Lighten up folks

its a ‘joke comment’ using outdated terms that have long become associated with ignorance and discrimination, like Gervais’ using “mong”. I’ve never been accused of being PC or a hand wringer but I think certain terms (puff, ****, special needs, spastic, mong etc) just have too much historic baggage to be flippantly used by people who aren’t part of that group.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

its a ‘joke comment’ using outdated terms that have long become associated with ignorance and discrimination, like Gervais’ using “mong”. I’ve never been accused of being PC or a hand wringer but I think certain terms (puff, ****, special needs, spastic, mong etc) just have too much historic baggage to be flippantly used by people who aren’t part of that group.

Hora used none of those terms.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They never said that hora did use any they list they give a list of similar terms that have baggage that should not be used

Hand-wringing- its a joke comment

It was a crap joke in 1970 and just shows your attitude to be poor, unsympathetic and outdated.

vondally
    Free Member

You’d look special/like a grown man with learning issues wearing them.

not even a joke comment but discriminatory.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I don’t see how learning issues is an outdated term or in anyway similar to ‘puff, **** or spastic’.

Jamie
    Free Member

johnnystorm –

Guerrilla marketing is an advertising strategy in which low-cost unconventional means (graffiti, sticker bombing, flash mobs) are utilized, often in a localized fashion or large network of individual cells, to convey or promote a product or an idea. The term guerrilla marketing is easily traced to guerrilla warfare which utilizes atypical tactics to achieve a goal in a competitive and unforgiving environment.

While most modern squibs used by professionals are insulated from moisture, older uninsulated squibs needed to be kept dry in order to ignite, thus a “damp squib” was literally one that failed to perform because it got wet. Often misheard as “damp squid”, the phrase “damp squib” has since come into general use to mean anything that fails to meet expectations.The word “squib” has come to take on a similar meaning even when used alone, as a synonym for dud.

Thanks for clearing that one up…

Good to see the thread continued in it’s light-hearted vein..

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Planet X/On One Tshirts by Reg Mombassa’ is closed to new replies.