Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Planet x xls, fitting guards?
  • Hi all, I’m new here.

I have recently bought an xls to use as an allrounder thinking I could it raceblades for commuting and winter training duties. This is proving frustrating due to the cable routing.

Anyone got any helpful hints or suggestions for fitting guards to the bike

Thanks

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve got the same problem. Only thing I can think of is to shape the mounting blocks for the raceblades to bridge over the cable and hose.

It is not just the cable though, the cable stops are rivetted exactly where you would wish to strap the guard mounts.

A google gave this

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=79101.0

There will be a way, maybe full length guards are the way, shame the rear seat stay bridge isnt drilled, front fork is.

Are mudguard mounts that fit onto qr skewers available?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sks raceblade longs are qr mounted but would look a bit odd with disk brakes. You could try ordering raceblade long mounts and stays as spares and a set of chromoplastics?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Had a similar issue with my Pickenflick. More substantial for clips are those which hold cheap lights to seat stays. I use them on the seat stay and chain stay bridges as well.
    The fork is harder. A bubber strap is around the fork leg held tight with the bolt to the mudgaurd stay. An undrilled fork crown has seen 2 cable ties joining the guard bracket to the fork crown.
    I did contamplate a small hole drilled up from under the crown which could take a small self tapper but haven”t bee brave enough yet.

Axioms fitted fine.Gentle bend in the brake side stay to accommodate caliper, zip tied to chainstay bridge and bb shell

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Planet x xls, fitting guards?’ is closed to new replies.