Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 177 total)
  • Planet X – Top Class Customer Service Again – Not!
  • chum3
    Free Member

You can find them in the link below

Ah – saves me having to look too!

brant
    Free Member

Turns out we have some Wheels Manufacturing ones that do fit on this page – http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FSPXFRCNCMH/wheels-manufacturing-cnc-mech-hanger

But they are listed as fitting the Titus X Aluminium and FTM Aluminium. Those also work for the El Guapo 26 too.

scotroutes

So – buy some and satisfy your customer? Some folk just have no shame.

brant
    Free Member

So – buy some and satisfy your customer? Some folk just have no shame.

I’m unclear as to your intentions with the above comment. Or your actual meaning?

Doubledunter, above, is, as we speak, being dispatched a mech hanger.

My post above was for anyone else who wanted to buy one in the time being.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Doubledunter, above, is, as we speak, being dispatched a mech hanger.

…and its much appreciated Brant Thanks

brant
    Free Member

…and its much appreciated Brant Thanks

Frankly, it’s the least we can do!

(Did you order the El Guapo 29 hanger off the site originally?)

doubledunter
    Free Member
    brant
    Free Member

YHM

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Personally i’ve had nothing but good experiences of On-One, maybe i’ve been lucky etc etc.
    Certainly its frustrating if you’re on the receiving end of it and maybe they are growing faster than they can easily manage – but at the end of the day On-One/Planet X’s commitment to great gear at low costs has completely transformed what riding means in the UK for a huge huge number of people.
    I salute them.

nick1962
    Free Member

Never had a problem with any of my many items from PX.I even got next day replies to my customer service e mails too.I think a Yorkshire address gets you Club Class treatment 🙂

dragon
    Free Member

On-One/Planet X’s commitment to great gear at low costs has completely transformed what riding means in the UK for a huge huge number of people.

What? Maybe for skin flints would rather bode a solution, rather than pay a few quid more for a properly designed and QC’d product. Possibly this appeals in Yorkshire where cheap steel frames are still considered ‘cutting’ edge.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Sorry dragon, but i’m afraid not everyone is as experienced and wealthy as you might be. People looking to get into MTB have the option of getting a decent bike with proper geometry at low cost – means they can experiment a little without investing too heavily.
    Wouldn’t say that makes them skin flints.

dragon
    Free Member

with proper geometry

Yeah damn those other bike companies putting out bikes that don’t even have proper geometry. WTF??

MikeG

I’m really starting to get annoyed now, still waiting for some acknowledgement from anyone (other than Brant) at Planet x. Way back on page 1 I mentioned that I had been waiting a week for an order and that my emails to the CEO were bouncing, Brant asked for the bounced emails and said he’d passed them on to the relevant people and someone would be in touch, I chased with him a couple of days later as I’d still not had the bits (I’d spent over 15 minutes listening to music on the phone hoping to resolve it through customer services before emailing him directly) two days later and my order still shows ‘preparing to be shipped’ I’ve just spent nearly half an hour again listening to music on the customer services line without speaking to a real person so I think it is time to raise a claim through paypal.

I’m not blaming Brant, in fact I think it’s great that he steps in and offers to help on threads like these, but, he really shouldn’t have to. This is the first order I’ve had problems with in a couple of years of buying bits, in fact a reverb I got for £130 the week before turned up within 12 hours of ordering, so when it works it’s great – it just seems like once the ball has been dropped nobody gives a damn.

brant
    Free Member

YHM. Sorry again.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I sent an email via the website a few days ago re the swap-out bolts for the Whippet frame; discovered one had been cross-threaded when the frame was put together. I just want to know if I can get hold of a spare one, so I can fit my SS sawap-outs, but I’ve not had a respnse yet. Any ideas Brant?

chum3
    Free Member

“…Maybe for skin flints…”

Free market and people can spend their money any way they like. STFU

brant
    Free Member

I sent an email via the website a few days ago re the swap-out bolts for the Whippet frame; discovered one had been cross-threaded when the frame was put together. I just want to know if I can get hold of a spare one, so I can fit my SS sawap-outs, but I’ve not had a respnse yet. Any ideas Brant?

YHM

nedrapier

300 orders for full bikes every week, apparently. They’re doing a lot right. Hope they can turn round this ^ bit.

I’m not blaming Brant, in fact I think it’s great that he steps in and offers to help on threads like these, but, he really shouldn’t have to.

yup.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Thanks Brant, replied just now, cheers.

brant
    Free Member

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

WOW, awesome! Thanks Brant, that’s great, wasn’t expecting that!

sq225917
    Free Member

Mybe PX should kit one member of staff out with a mobile headset and they can run round intercepting the stuff about to hit the fan and making epic saves like Brant is.

After all it’s not the customers who get perfect service that you need to worry about it’s those who don’t.

They could give running commentary and you could run it onto a live twitter feed, it’d be epic.

triballegs
    Free Member

I bought a carbon fork from Planet X’s eBay store, delivery was schedule for 29.03.13.
    Surprise surprise no delivery on stated date. The following day I used the Yodel Tracking number… My fork had not even been picked up by them 1 day after it was supposed to have been delivered!
    I called On Ones customer service number- 17 minutes on hold and I then speak to someone who say, “sorry no idea, but il call you right back” .
    No call back do I used the email CEO facility and revived a call from a David Hanney who promised to resolve the following day.
    Following day I was informed that my carbon forks had be dispatched and I would receive them the following day.
    Yodel tracking stated that the forks were delivered to a neighbour and signed for… Guess what..no neighbour has them, no neighbour has said that they had signed for them and one thing is for sure I ain’t got them.
    Numerous emails, social media posts later and I have now been informed that another set will get sent to me for sometime next week.
    I think it’s a pity that a company that has many good products lets itself down with their terrible customer service.

rOcKeTdOg

To be fair that’s probably yodel’s fault, they are consistently awful

dsb181
    Free Member

I just want to give some feedback on a order which is still in progress;

After sleeping on the Plant X bike bag deal and missing out I bit the bullet and paid full price as I’ve heard nothing but good about them.
    Ordered on Wednesday evening with the hope of receiving it on Friday for the weekend there was an issue with my address caused by Planet X’s system.

The address that Yodel were provided has the building name and flat number missing so cue a 15 minute phone call on an 0844 line to the service department while they try to locate the package and amend the address details. To be fair to Yodel they were really helpful and I was speaking to a person within 3 minutes.

All of this would have been avoided if the customer service from planet x was better; as soon as I noticed details were missing (once I received the conformation email) I emailed the “CEO” with the hope that the address would be amended before despatch as well as phoning first thing on Thursday morning, pressing option 2 and being on hold for 10 minutes before having to leave for work so unfortunately didn’t speak to anybody. I have still not received any reply by email.

It’s not a catastrophe but has wasted a lot of my time unnecessarily because the correct information was provided twice. I’m stuck waiting for it to arrive at sometime today now.

Brant it might be worth looking into the ordering system to figure out why the address details were dropped in the first instance?

brant
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. This has been noted.

dsb181
    Free Member

Sorry just an update for Brant,
    Yodel won’t release the package to the address I have provided them until they clear it with you guys at Planet X because of Data Protection, could you please look into this and possibly contact them so I’m not stuck in limbo please.

mattrgee
    Free Member

I’ve had the same problem with the delivery address.

iolo
    Free Member

I’ve never had that problem from CRC, Wiggle or any of the Germans.
    All good value too.
    Life’s too short to be chasing couriers when i’s not your fault.

Nipper99
    Free Member

For anyone who wants to bash Planet x or On One or anyone else for that matter I think that you should be made to put what you do for a living in real life so that you can be compared to the model of perfection you are expexting i.e my widget hasn’t turned up within 10 seconds of my ordering it but by the way I work for – name anything in the public sector / it service support / utility co / bank etc.

dsb181
    Free Member

I’m a gardener 🙄

iolo
    Free Member

People here are not bashing. They are stating actual facts.

funkrodent

I’ve read the first page of this thread and a few other postings but not the whole thing (life calls), so apologies if I’m covering the same ground.

It does seem to me that the process by which PlanetX receives, processes, fulfills and monitors orders is flawed. I’ve bought lots of stuff off Chain Reaction, Merlin and PlanetX in the last couple of years and the only one I’ve had problems with is PlanetX. Specifically I ordered and paid for a new road wheel from the website. Got confirmation email but no dispatch email. After a few days called into them. Eventually got through to someone. Couldn’t find any record of my order despite me having reference number. Eventually turned out that the wheel wasn’t in stock and they refunded my money. But I’d missed out on another heavily discounted wheel from another site so was back to square one. Furthermore, the others seem to be better from a dispatch point of view. I’ve regularly waited 2-3 days (not a disaster I know, but not good as a comparison) for PlanetX stuff to arrive, the others its been 24 hours pretty much every time, in the case of Merlin even when I ordered on the 23rd of December and asked for delivery by normal post!

It strikes me that they really need to get their organisation sorted internally. I know a few people say words to the effect of “Look at the great customer service, a quick thread on Singletrack and here comes Brant to the rescue to fix things”. Well there’s an element of truth in this and given that he is the designer, Brant should be applauded for all the additional burden he takes on. But what about the people who have never heard of Singletrack who are getting poor service and poor response?

Anyway to me a company with good customer service is a) one that resolves any issues that arise long before they get to the point where posts are having to be made on forums and b) is one that learns from its mistakes and invests in the necessary systems/training/extra staff to ensure that it can deliver on its commitments and resolve any issues fast and efficiently. I don’t see any evidence that PlanetX has got a handle on either of these

On that note, I can say unequivocally that due to their superior order fulfillment process, contactability and ability to resolve mistakes quickly, Merlin and Chain Reaction are currently light years ahead of PlanetX as mail order operators (sorry online e-tailers 8) ) and FWIW I’d suggest that Brant use whatever influence he has internally to try and get something done about the what looks to me like a fairly constant stream of unnecessary and badly image damaging screw-ups

funkrodent

Nipper99 – Member
    For anyone who wants to bash Planet x or On One or anyone else for that matter I think that you should be made to put what you do for a living in real life so that you can be compared to the model of perfection you are expexting i.e my widget hasn’t turned up within 10 seconds of my ordering it but by the way I work for – name anything in the public sector / it service support / utility co / bank etc.

Get a grip. This is a cycling forum. PlanetX sell products and services to many of the people who use this forum. People are perfectly entitled to comment on the good and the bad. Most posts seem to me to be relatively measured. I haven’t read anything that doesn’t tally with my own experience or with the issues raised on countless other threads on this site.

If you want to find threads ommenting on bankers, IT companies or those nice people who supply our utilities, then that there internet will be more than happy to oblige (though you’ll find a fair few on here too). Or should all the people who comment on threads about poor customer service from banks, utility companies and IT also have to open themselves up to criticism in turn? Where will it end? And what if one of the complainers works for PlanetX! What then..? 😉
    Anyway, bottom line is PlanetX do seem to mess up more than most when it comes to order fulfillment and customer service. If they’ve any sense they (Brant) will use threads such as this as ammunition to get something done within the organisation to resolve these issues..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nice straw man – they are giving real issues unlike what you describe. I think everyone knows nothing is perfect but the persons job has no bearing whatsoever on whether on one/Planet X are providing a good service or a poor one.
    We all know other poor and other good services exist so it has no relevance

FWIW some people in my industry are terrible at their jobs but this has no casual affect on the On one

funkrodent

Went from this thread to a thread about tyres. Someone recommended me the Chunky Monkey (which I may well buy). Googled them for reviews/feedback and came across this thread on here from a year ago. All very complimentary about the product, but check the two comments below and their experience of order fulfillment. All I can say is that there is an ongoing issue with this business that is nothing to do with a recent warehouse move or whatever. Someone at their end needs to get a grip on their shoddy order fulfillment process and customer service, otherwise at some point it is going to bite them in the backside..

chillidave – Member
    Thanks for the advice, got one up very very very easy on my Roval wheels, just soap and water went up first time and staying that way.

However I still only have one, I ordered two Chunkys from On One, got one Chunky and a Smorgasbord. Very annoying. I ordered a replacment Chunky yesterday but postie has been and gone with no tyre

Not in to be able to wait for the postie tomorrow so no rides for me this weekend, On One are great, just wish they’d pay a little more attention to the small details sometimes.

POSTED 9 MONTHS AGO # REPORT-POST
    Cheezpleez – Member
    I’m using a CM on the front of my Buzzard and I’m properly impressed. It’s fairly weighty but it’s a big, tough tyre. Went up pretty easily on a Flow rim – might have needed the 9p inflator but tbh I can’t remember. Incredible value.

POSTED 9 MONTHS AGO # REPORT-POST
    chronos – Member
    Put a Chunky Monkey 2.4 29er dual compound on the front of my rigid 69er. It’s an outstandingly good tyre and inspires confidence.
    Great bump absorption at low pressure and fabulous grip.

Nearly 1kg but well worth the weight penalty. Can’t argue with the price either.
    On One send me the wrong tyre originally.. a 26inch Smorg. Anyway. they made good and customer service was polite, although it did cost me a week wait.
    I may buy another at that price tho as it’s a steal.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They pretend to laugh at my ‘jokes’…for this they are awesomes.
    The rest of it…..meh.It’s only bike bits,all the middle class hand wringing ain’t my bag anyhoo’s.

drofluf
    Free Member

Have to say I’m disappointed!

Ordered on Thursday and the stuff’s just arrived.

What are they thinking? Delivering on a Saturday and interrupting my weekend. Now I’m going to have to drag myself off the sofa and fit the parts to my bike so I can go riding tomorrow. It’s ruined all my plans: I was going to spend tomorrow writing a long rant about how poor their service is, now I’ve got to enjoy a bike ride instead.

Actually I feel it’s personal: I’ve used them loads of times with no trouble: the goods have arrived as ordered and promptly whereas other people have problems with their orders and get to rant about it whereas I can’t.

IT’S JUST NOT FAIR!!!

brant
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    People here are not bashing. They are stating actual facts.

Now I’m agreeing with iolo.

More than happy to read facts about issues.

Thanks.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘Planet X – Top Class Customer Service Again – Not!’ is closed to new replies.