Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Planet X store
  • philxx1975
    Free Member

Can you actually buy anything physically from the retail store.

Called in after work yesterday for a rear mech and was told “sorry you will need to order online that’s in the warehouses”

Just discovered the warehouse is next door..?

Am I asking too much?

mattyfez

Seems weird.. I can understand companies geared up to sell online, so not much in the way of a proper shop/show room, but you’d think they’d have some kind of facilities to make a sale on site?

Mind you, ain’t they in the process of going bust? They’ve got a liquidation sale on, so kinda understandible.

CHB

I very much doubt they are going bust. The have done crazy discount sales since forever. Dave the boss there is well known for springing a sale on at short notice and clearing out a load of stuff to make room for the next container of carbon wotsits or steel frames due in next week. A great Yorkshire company, if a little eccentric.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    liam1974

Main warehouse is a few miles away on the other side of Rotherham, I think the showroom is exactly that just a showroom, you can order online and choose click and collect from the there. I don’t think they are going bust its just liquidation is a poor choice of words for a sale.

Defender
    Free Member

I think that ‘stock liquidation sale’ is a better term, they have current stock sitting on the shelf which they have paid for and want to recoup that money to pay for the next in coming shipment?

MoreCashThanDash

They are reported to be going bust at least once a year. If I was cynical I might think that they use the term “liquidation sale” just to get the forums chattering

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I think that ‘stock liquidation sale’ is a better term, they have random odds and ends of unwanted tat sitting on the shelf

FTFY.

mattyfez

A bit like sofa retailers then.. Permanently on sale discounts, all items must go!

Pisses me off, just charge a reasonable price and stop dicking people about, it’s like chain reaction cycles and domino pizza.. Unless you do some serious research on prices and get a discount code you’re gonna get robbed.

maccruiskeen

“liquidation sale” just to get the forums chattering

It usually means they’re eyeing up baying a brand or other acquisition and want to quickly turn stock into readies.

philxx1975
    Free Member

I never actually thought of any of the above, it did make me wonder why you would have a shop where they then direct you to their website to buy.

Lad in Barnsley (odd shop location) did say they had shut one of the offices at Magna.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Planet X store’ is closed to new replies.