Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Planet x sl pro
  • 010967djg
    Free Member

Hi need some advice, im thinking of getting one of these frames but would like to know if there are any riders out there who have one or know somebody who has one and if they now if it would be ok for a 125 kilo rider who is losing weight so would be close to 105 kilos in 6 months?

sefton
    Free Member

I’ve got one but I weigh a bit less, send them an e-mail (they’re always very helpful)

seanoc
    Free Member

I don’t think there is a weight limit. I’ve found mine to be a little bit noodly (runs for cover) around the bottom bracket under very hard cranking – riders behind me have even commented on visible flex so this may be a consideration. I’m 84kg by the way.

Other than that; it’s a great bike and (wheels aside) is very robust. I generally use mine on a 40 mile round trip commute and it doesn’t grumble; even with my minimal attention to servicing and cleaning (I really do like Ultegra) . It is a bit of a workhorse.

In the Cardiff area if you want to swing a leg over a large.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I had an X Large and found it to be a bit flexy but comfy. I think the forks were pretty flexy too. I am half your weight. It may not be stiff enough for you.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

I have a medium one, and weight about 105 KGs currently. I agree with the comments about it being quite flexy around the bottom bracket. However that flex translates into comfort; I also have an alloy bike that is super stiff, but also super uncomfortable.

If you are thinking about putting in the big miles to help lose weight then comfort might not be a bad thing. Maybe have a look at the Ribble own brand carbon frames that are geared toward Audax/sportives – The Gran – Fondo for example.

Planet X also have a new Sportive frame, the RT-57, but its a bit more money.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Op drop me an email..

010967djg
    Free Member

hi i have now purchased the planet x sl pro carbon frame and forks in white i would have been daft not to at £249 including delivery! so thanks for all your comments.

MSP

Let us know how it rides when you get it, I am interested in one of these too, but a bit concerned about the flex issues.

010967djg
    Free Member

Hi MSP as soon as i have built it up and rode it a couple of times i will let you know? all the reviews i read on the net there was the odd few mention the flex but in a possitive way as they say it aids to a comfortable ride.

010967djg
    Free Member

Hi i need some advice i am now in the middle of building the bike up and was testing the shimano external right BB cup and just after 1 full turn it gets really tight but the left BB cup screws in really easy, ive traced the thread on the cup and it looks fine, same for the BB shells any ideas as i dont want to force it or is this normal for a new frame?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Planet x sl pro’ is closed to new replies.