• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tlr.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Planet X RTD 80/90 owners?
  • Leigh2612
    Free Member

Evening all,
    Just wondered if anybody owns one of the above bikes?
    Just looking for some feesback, there doesn’t seem to be any reviews out there…
    Cheers!!
    Leigh

mtbtomo
    Free Member

The RT-80/90 looks identical to the Hongfu FM-066, so the RTD-80 is likely the disc version FM-166(?).

I had an FM-066 a few years ago. It was fine, went up the hills as well as I could then and built up into a nice light bike. I didn’t have much to compare it to at the time though.

tlr

I’m using the none disc as my winter bike, bought at Christmas and 2000km on it so far.

Initial thoughts are that I like it: it’s a lot more like my summer bike than my Kenesis Tk2 was, which just seemed to suck energy. The RT90 is light, comfy and seems quick. I’m actually looking forward to trying it without mudguards in the spring. The only thing to be aware of I’d say is that some of the builds use a stupid 35mm bar and stem combo which makes it hard to swop stem lengths, and Garmin/light brackets don’t fit.

Btw the RT 80 is identical apart from the carbon layup so it’s about 100g heavier.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Cheers guys,
    I have looked into the Hong fu FM166 and Yishun FM145 (I think that’s the number) which are both the same as the PX. Yishun quote the same weights but T700 today instead of T800 or T800 HM that PX use, and they are only slightly cheaper than the frame prices that PX quote with the added shipping time and customs ballache.
    Maybe they used to be cheaper as I know a lot of people ordered them direct a couple of years ago…
    The top spec RTD90 is nicely specced too although SRAM Force rather than Ultegra that I would sooner have.
    TLR…Don’t suppose you are anywhere near the South East and riding a medium?

tlr

Sorry, in the north riding a large. Which seems to be pretty much bang on a 56 to me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Planet X RTD 80/90 owners?’ is closed to new replies.