Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Planet X – Rival or Athena
  • damo2576
    Free Member

Any experience of the above two groups? Not sure about the two and not concerned about the price difference….
    http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/bikes/q/drop-bar-road-bikes/sl-pro-carbon

brooess
    Free Member

Not Rival but Athena on a road bike is great. So many gears to choose from there’s always the one you need…
    Beware tho that the only Campagnolo chain tool on the market is a mahoosive workshop one priced at £180 or something silly so if the chain needs adjusting or snaps when you’re out, it a long walk to the LBS.

Ed2001
    Free Member

For me it would be athena every time. However you shouldn’t call it campy unless you are american or a cock 🙂

damo2576
    Free Member

Thanks, I’m swaying that way. And trying to choose between that and something second hand with super record…

mrmo
    Free Member

go campag, and to get round the campag chain tool have a look at park, or i believe that KMC do a missing link chain.

And if it is Athena Carbon or Alloy, imo the alloy looks nicer, which is what road bikes are all about.

damo2576
    Free Member

And if it is Athena Carbon or Alloy, imo the alloy looks nicer, which is what road bikes are all about

This is it. I’m still trying to decide if the Planet X bikes look good or not. Nothing seems to touch them for the money though which is a pain and kind of forcing my hand…

damo2576
    Free Member

And if it is Athena Carbon or Alloy, imo the alloy looks nicer, which is what road bikes are all about

This is it. I’m still trying to decide if the Planet X bikes look good or not. Nothing seems to touch them for the money though which is a pain and kind of forcing my hand…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Planet X – Rival or Athena’ is closed to new replies.