Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Planet X Proline 365 3/4 bib knickers ??
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

..anyone here tried ’em? What are they like?

Oddly, theyre £17.50 on P-X & £26.00 on the O-O site.

Picto
    Free Member

Ok for me. Decent fit, good pad. Lycra is not the best quality i have come across. The windproof sections over the knees work well. For the money good value.

igm

I have a pair – they’re fine. Not as comfy as my Castelli bib shorts but a lot cheaper. I use them for a 20 mile each way commute and they are OK in temperatures above freezing. Sweaty back when you get much into double (Celsius) figures but I sweat freely.

Pricewise, I just bought some forks at £89 from PX that were £144 on OO. They arrive and we’re as expected.

Picto
    Free Member

Doh! Night ride and beer double post.

greentricky
    Free Member

Echo the above, find them fine but don’t recommend the shorts which I find a weird cut.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Thanks all,

Pretty much what I expected (and hoped to hear)

Cheers folks.

Bonz

bonzodog
    Free Member

…a few reviewers on the PX site mention that they though the pad seemed to be fitted in an odd place (like too far forward)

Did you find that to be true?

igm

Not really – but I may be an odd shape

bonzodog
    Free Member

🙂

igm

It’s the black & yellow ones I have. The black & red ones appear to have a zip in the photos.

I also have the full length ones and the 3/4 fit better.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Well, for £21.45 posted Ive took a punt.

Nobody can say I don’t live on the edge.

Cheers all.

steve_b77
    Free Member

They’re a bit shit really, pad is OK but located in a strange position, zips don’t last long either

mattbee

I get on with PX shorts & longs, must have the right shaped body. Mind you even in my 34″ inside leg the longs tend to be pretty long.
    The 3/4 things are odd though. The pad is ok for me but the leg length seems to put all the seams in the wrong place so they bunch up & rub behind my knees. I rarely wear them tbh.

martello
    Free Member

As mentioned, strange fit in the arse/pad area, but were cheap enough to justify for short blasts or getting covered in crud.

teamslug
    Free Member

I unpicked the pad and use them with better padded shorts underneath cos they are a good intermediate weather short.Pad was ok for a few rides but then really uncomfortable

scaredypants

they make a quiet sort of “nylon slacks” swish when I pedal – not quite sure where it’s coming from, since no parts actually rub together

cp

I find them terrible. The fabric is also not very stretchy at all, so the weird pad position and restraint means the pad moves about with your legs as you pedal. Given you’re sat on a bit of it which pins the rear of the pad down, the front of the pad flaps left-right as you pedal.

Not nice at all.

igm

Is it the zipped ones people don’t like – I have the non-zipped ones and they are OK for me.

cp

mine are zipped

dantsw13

Mine are zipped and great. Wear for muddy mtb and winter road 100km+

P20

I found them uncomfortable. They didn’t fit me properly either. Chucked them in the end

lunge

Odd shape that I’ve never got on with. Moved to Specialized winter shorts and knee or leg warmers, more comfortable and more flexible too.

prawny

I’ve got 3 pairs of the shorts and they’re my go to commuter wear. A chap I speak to en route on occasion has the knicks and he says he’s happy with them.

I prefer knee warmers personally but if I didn’t need so many pairs of shorts I’d have both.

Edit – Reading that back it doesn’t make sense, what I mean is that I haven’t got room for separate knicks and shorts, so I’ve just got shorts and a couple of pairs of knee warmers.

cp

I’ve also got some of the pro shorts and some of the clubman shorts. The fit of the 3/4 is completely different.

mcnultycop

I’ve ordered a pair today, I have the shorts version and they are OK. Gone black and yellow hoping for no zip?

bonzodog
    Free Member

I ordered the black only and would prefer them without a zip, we’ll see what turns up.

If theyre shite, Ill lob ’em in the bin.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Planet X Proline 365 3/4 bib knickers ??’ is closed to new replies.