Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Planet X / On One… trying to force the 650b issue..
  • bellefied
    Free Member

I do like On One, and I’ve just got home to find the new tyres I ordered from them had arrived… but they are the wrong bloody size. 😥

I ordered 29er nobby nic evos and I got… 27.5 inch nobby nic evos, which weren’t even an option on their site. Maybe they want to bring the trails alive for me… 😐

I’m sure it will get sorted, but now I have the hassle of trying to get down to the post office to return them and then waiting (again) for my new tyres.

Currently going through that “how hard can it be…” phase whilst trying to work towards a calmer zen state…

benji
    Free Member

Good levers they should stretch on 😉

bellefied
    Free Member

🙂 cheers Benji – would have tried that if I could, virtually anything is preferably to trying to sort out retailers mistakes.

I work hard and long hours so don’t want to waste my free time trying to sort this out, in fact the only reason for ordering from the internet is to save time. I know exactly what I wanted and order it, then something else turns up.

Not being successful at trying to calm down. This was so easy to get right and will be a ball ache to sort out as I live on the isle of man.

chives
    Free Member

Does that make them easier to ghetto tubeless? 😉

bigjim

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Good luck that how my problems started with on one when i got the wrong size tyres delivered a few years back.. When 26 was only the size available. A telephone call and going to exchange in person didn’t even work!

bellefied
    Free Member

Still no response from them yet. Perhaps I’m expecting too much?

I ordered a bike pump off freeborn bikes on Friday, it arrived yesterday, but they had also sent me someone else’s parcel by mistake. I emailed them to let them know (because I didn’t want to inconvenience them or the guy who was meant to receive the other items (his details were inside the other parcel) and they called me up within 5 minutes to sort it out and arranged to pick up the rogue parcel the following day (today).

I know this is a different company and also different circumstances, but I was hoping planet x would be right on it as soon as they saw my email and form submission (was trying to get all the bases covered).

Must admit, I never normally have issues with deliveries, and now I have had two in one day! I know they come in threes, and everything else I ordered (bar one 😯 ) has arrived ok… nah, it’ll be ok, probably

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

… don’t want to waste my free time trying to sort this out, in fact the only reason for ordering from On-One / the internet is to save time money

FTFY.. 😀

plyphon
    Free Member

If you went to your LBS you wouldn’t of had this issue,

But you would of walked out with a set of wheels on 12 month 0% finance also.

richc
    Free Member

what ^ said, if you want to be 100% certain of what you are getting use your LBS.

Junkyard
    Free Member

No response in 15 hours – probably still on the desk of the rapid response team

twoniner
    Free Member

No response in 15 hours – probably still on the desk of the rapid response team

Love it 😆

BillOddie

what ^ said, if you want to be 100% certain of what you are getting use your LBS.

In my experience of my generally rubbish LBSs, it’s disappointed or overcharged.

avdave2

Sorry but you really all seem to have missed the solution – you need to buy another bike to fit the tyres.

deets

They sent me the wrong size tubes last week, some that weren’t even advertised

bellefied
    Free Member

richc – Member

what ^ said, if you want to be 100% certain of what you are getting use your LBS. they were my first point of call, but they didn’t have that size in I wanted – possibly a result of having three sizes of wheels now – can’t stock all makes / sizes / versions.

they said they could order it for me but that it would take up to a week (as they combine orders and just take one deliver a week) and I’d be quicker ordering direct off t’internet (they also said it’d probably be cheaper for me too)

If I’d have know it would be so bloody difficult to pick an item off a shelf with some care I would have waited the week for the LBS to source it.

IA

Sorry but you really all seem to have missed the solution – you need to buy another bike to fit the tyres.

+1

BenjiM

Still no response from them yet. Perhaps I’m expecting too much?

Funny you should say that. I ordered some “In Stock” Ultegra wheels on the 14th September. Emailed last wednesday to ask if there was any reason as to why they were still at the picking stage as they’d taken the money from my card. Tried phoning but no answer. They arrived today, but with no response from Planet X. If I wanted to cancel the order and get a refund I have a feeling it would have been pretty difficult. I thought under he distance selling regs they took payment on dispatch not a week before?

mccraque

I tried to order a bike from them earlier in the year. I was getting very little in terms of response from them. Wanted a custom spec full build. Gave them a list of options and asked to price it up. Not the most expensive bike in the world but a couple of grand would be motivational to most companies. One would have thought.

A few email exchanges, then they gave up. I called a couple of times. Nothing much happened. 2 months later, I eventually managed to regain traction.

Great! Bike specced and priced. Then nobody calls to collect the money (they didn’t want to do it up front for some reason). Couple of weeks later….they call.

Get the bike a couple of days later. Except all the parts that they forgot to post. (Cassette, pedals, chain). They arrived 3 days later with an apology.

We got there in the end…but thank fk I had another bike to ride in the meanwhile or I may have been a little more flummoxed.

dragon
    Free Member

If you use the Dave Hinde of the mtb world, what did you expect?

On-One are cheap for a reason, you’ll learn 👿

stilltortoise
    Free Member

100%? I wish that was the case, but even the LBS makes mistakes. I bought some brakes pads on the advice of a shop in Lincoln and when I got home discovered they were the wrong ones. Unfortunately it was only a passing visit to Lincoln…80 miles away.

bellefied
    Free Member

Update – contacted by on one, they have investigated and the 29″ tyres shouldn’t have been on their stock system, so they couldn’t have fulfilled the order anyway… doesn’t explain why someone picked a a pair of 27.5″ tyres instead though….

But they are putting a new stock system in place that will get rid of these kinds of problems.

They did offer me alternative tyres but wasn’t what I wanted so they are now thinking about the best solution to resolve my current issue.

Hopefully it will be as pain free as possible

bellefied
    Free Member

Still waiting for them to get back to me with a resolution… 🙄

wwaswas

“Return tyres for full refund of original purchase price + return postage”

can’t be that tricky, surely?

bellefied
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

“Return tyres for full refund of original purchase price + return postage”

can’t be that tricky, surely? you’d think not, but they have taken almost a day to come up with it, but they have just call to confirm same – I’ll head down to the post office at lunchtime and send them off.

bellefied
    Free Member

Ok, I sent them back recorded delivery to the address given, with a copy of the email and the original picking note and a letter explaining what had happened.

I sent an email to them letting them know it was on its way, gave them the tracking number and how much it cost (less than we thought it was going to be).

They said no problem, a note had been added to my account.

According to the royal mail tracking, it arrived there yesterday, but at close of play today I still haven’t had my refund.

I have emailed them to chase but looks like I’ll have to wait a while longer to get my money back 😐

bellefied
    Free Member

Guess what? I still haven’t got my money back 😡

bellefied
    Free Member

Guess what? I still haven’t got my money back 😡

so bad, I posted it twice

bellefied
    Free Member

and that is despite an email response from them yesterday morning assuring me it had been processed and should be in my account shortly….

I’ve given them one last chance before I raise a paypal case against them tomorrow

This is why you shouldn’t buy anything off planet X

andrewh
    Free Member

[for balance] I ordered some spokes from them, they sent the wrong ones but had no issues returning them and getting a refund[/for balance]

bland

If you went to your LBS you wouldn’t of had this issue,

I’d have had a sore arse instead

wool

Normally fantastic on returns they must be picking on you this week:-)

bellefied
    Free Member

Opened up a paypal dispute and got it settled almost immediately.

To be fair / “balanced” they apologised and said they were just about to pay it anyway, but they had ignored three of my previous chasing emails chasing for payment so how was I to know this?

I know that there was no malice intended and as I said right at the start, I like Planet X and their ideas, but their stock control is awful and caused all the issues. There were problems at each step:

1) they DID have 29″ tyres in but it was only one pair, which was shipped out almost straight away.
    2) when the 27.5″ came in they were put in the 29″ bin by mistake
    3) when my order was picked the picker just picked them from the bin ticked it off the order but didn’t check the bin item itself, which is why I got the wrong item.
    4) when they were returned it took five working days for the stock to be re-entered and the resulting refund to be sent for processing. Maybe 5 days acceptable but the few returns I’ve made to other small online businesses have resulted in same or next day refunds.

again for balance they said they are putting in a new stock control system that will both reduce errors and process returns better, but for the moment it looks Planet X makes bikes first, and is an online retailer almost as an after thought.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

For ballance:

They accept collect+, just drop it off at your newsagent for free, no need to faff with paying postage/post offices.

Every refund I’ve had has happend within a few days/a week. 4-5days IME would suggest they were about to do it as they said.

If I want something cheep, I buy online, If I want something quickly buy in a shop.

Got some Marzocchi forks which don’t work out the box (mail oder from CRC), were very cheep, but don’t get the copnvenience of just taking them back to the LBS and saying “make them work properly”.

pictonroad

I’ve given up on them, they’re cheap for a reason. after the gloves with the pocket in the palm escapade..

Ordered a tyre, advertised at 655g, tyre came, it’s 970g, says so on the box. I wouldn’t have bought it if I’d known. I emailed them to tell them so others don’t make the same mistake, no response. tyre is still on website at 655g.

Sports Direct tbh.

bellefied
    Free Member

For ballance:

They accept collect+, just drop it off at your newsagent for free, no need to faff with paying postage/post offices.

it is a great system and they did offer that, but collect+ do not operate on my island, do they suggested royal mail, which worked over night.

For ballance:

Every refund I’ve had has happend within a few days/a week. 4-5days IME would suggest they were about to do it as they said.

Maybe I was a bit impatient and maybe I’ve just been lucky in the past but never had to wait more than a day or two, including a standalone shop in Scotland with an online offer that gave me same day refund (same day the tracking number said they received the goods back).

For ballance:

If I want something cheep, I buy online, If I want something quickly buy in a shop.

As mentioned above, local bike shop was first call, they didn’t have it in, probably because it costs too much and takes up too much space to stock all options now we have three tyre standards. They suggested it would be quicker (and cheaper) for me to order it on line rather than wait for their weekly order to come in.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Ive always found them ok, never had to return anything but Ive brought quite a few bits over the years from them

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Planet X / On One… trying to force the 650b issue..’ is closed to new replies.