Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Planet X -On One change Couriers !!!!??? Rant
  • blastit
    Free Member

Odered some tyres from on-one planet x and they have been delivered by my friendly Postie in the past with no hassel 🙂
    They have now changed to Yodel who want me to stay at home for a few days while they sort their s**t out.
    Would of be a little easier if they stated this on their website instead of stateing they use Royal Mail for all orders under £100.00
    Rant over, I feel a little better now.

robido

ordered my tyers sunday night from planet x. arrived tuesday morning by yodel. no one was in so they took them to the wifes work place so for me top marks yodel and planet x

Jamie
    Free Member

brant sq225917, sq225917, sq225917.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

I binned them off when it was DPD, not because they were rubbish but because the collection depot was 20 miles from my house

So now they use Yodel?

Huh huh huh huh huh

robdob
    Free Member

I honestly can’t believe businesses still sign up for contracts with yodel! Do they not just do a quick google search and find out how appallingly bad they are?

br
    Free Member

Mine yesterday came with the Postie.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Everyone is desperate to find someone cheaper than RM. I’m using My Hermes. No problems so far…..

Drac

Mine yesterday came with the Postie.

Did they use Yodal?

cookeaa

I just get stuff delivered to work, most delivery outfits see a business address and know that the “we knocked but nobody answered… Honest guv!” Line won’t wash.

And TBH RM are far from perfect, better than yodel but still prone to the odd ballsup or outright lie…

Duggan

I ordered an RT-58 off PX and without any warning got a text from Yodel on the actual day they were delivering it.

I was at work so thought never mind, they’ll take it back to a depot and I’ll collect another time.

But no, they had left the ‘parcel’ (i.e a giant, heavy bike box) with my neighbour who clearly lived on the 5th floor of the flats I live in.

I’ve never even met my neighbour and understandably he seemingly didn’t fancy dragging a massive heavy bike in a box up 5 flights of stairs.

So I got home from work to find my brand new bike had been sitting in a communal area of a block of flats, on the ground floor, next to the main entrance for 10 hours 😕

I mean I was please to get my new bike but it’s a pretty stupid way to deliver it. After hearing about Yodel since though I’m just glad I actually got it in one piece.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Thankful that they use Yodel. The only carrier that delivers out of office hours.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

20 quid order placed Thursday night, arrived by RM this morning

sq225917
    Free Member

I’m sure I don’t get to hear all the back and forth but a lot of customers who order in the shop choose to have their bike delivered to them and in all honesty the rate of issues is very low. Certainly no worse than the previous place I worked where we used UPS for everything and charged the customers for delivery.

There’s a mix of RM and Yodel used at PX depending on order size, delivery address and due date.

mick_r

PX order arrived last week with Royal Mail – ordered some bits plus 2 of the same tyre but they managed to send 2 different ones. Returns guy was courteous and Collect plus return was simple enough, just a bit annoying (when it was their mistake) that they won’t send the replacement for a £15 tyre until it gets back to them (I could understand with something pricy like a whole bike).

chip
    Free Member

Could you not order a replacement and then be refunded for the returned item.

Northwind

Yodel: The On One of couriers

mick_r

Could you not order a replacement and then be refunded for the returned item.

Not the end of the world, and with hindsight I probably could have just ordered another – maybe the nice guy on the ‘phone should have suggested that….

bruneep

It appears to be broken

Jamie
    Free Member

It certainly doesn’t trip of the tongue as easy.

jonba
    Free Member

Yodel for me. They left the from with a neighbour. Thankfully I live on a nice street so this is fine. My wife often has a pile of parcels when she works from home on Fridays.

I would pay extra for collect plus as the shop they drop at is open till 11pm failing that royal mail as at least they have plenty of post offices and sorting offices to deliver to.

Still don’t get why courtiers haven’t sorted out evening deliveries, I wonder what their success rate is on domestic deliveries?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Interlink Express and DPD give you a one hour time slot for delivery.. and you can even live track the van on a map. Why arent more companies this organised? This feature is worth paying extra for so you dont have to wait at home for 13 hours on the off chance they turn up.

hora
    Free Member

Wonder if the honeymoon period has worn off for sq225917 yet working there. You do hear stories.

Jamie
    Free Member

You do hear stories.

Yes you do.

…erm, like what?

sq225917
    Free Member

I’m actually on holiday until next Saturday. So while I can check the forums I can’t log into the work back end to chase up details of orders. I promise I will check into stw am and pm each day though.

philholmes
    Free Member

I had pretty terrible service from On-One. Ordered a frame on Monday afternoon for delivery to me in Switzerland, it arrived on Friday to my office. There wasn’t even a scratch on the box and the Frame is perfect.

BASTARDS! I only ordered the frame so I could join the witch hunt.

(delivery was with DPD though and then Swiss Post once in Switzerland)

andytherocketeer

Tyres are a receptacle for containing compressed gas, so RM will surely (randomly) confiscate and destroy* them, in case they explode while the postie is on his round ?

(* sell on ebay, and ship via RM)

😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Planet X -On One change Couriers !!!!??? Rant’ is closed to new replies.