• This topic has 28 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Planet X non rant
  • JefWachowchow
    Free Member

In this day and age when we can order items online for next day or same day delivery I am aware that we are possibly guilty of having unrealistic expectations from suppliers.
    I get the impression from on here that Planet X tend to run on a skeleton crew and a shoe string budget, this may not be a true interpretation at all but it is the vibe that I get.
    Anyhoo, I ordered some tyres from them at the weekend. Paid via Paypal so monies go out straight away.
    Normally I would have expected an email by now from any other supplier, even if it was just an automated acknowledgement. However, I have received not one squeak.
    I have never ordered from them before. Is this normal? Should I be sending chase up emails yet? Do I just need to chill the hell out and have a bit of patience and be thankful that I can buy ‘£50’ for £20 each and the lack of person power they have is the reason that this is the case?

Yours, excitable person with pile of bikeparts around my desk ready to install once the tyres get here, Jef.

whitestone
    Free Member

Can’t remember how I paid for the last order from On-One/Planet X but I got an automatic order confirmation email then one to say that the items had been shipped. Pretty much the same as Alpkit, CRC, Wiggle, etc.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Pretty much straight away then?

whitestone
    Free Member

Probably. Have you checked your spam folder?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Yes it is! Thank you very much. I don’t visit my spam folder at all. My goodness me there’s some seedy looking emails in there.

I feel a bit daft now. Thanks again you IT guru you.

Bez

*dumps popcorn in bin*

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Sorry Bez. Still, they’re not here yet so this may well pick again by the end of the week.

whitestone
    Free Member

Sorry Bez 😳

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Don’t worry Bez I am pretty sure they still use Yodel.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Only an automated response so far. No dispatch email.

BTW, I ordered Ellwood tyres for my Jake!

whitestone
    Free Member

Just checked – there was a gap of two days from placing the order to it being dispatched.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Thanks whitestone.

I am hoping my new tyre choice will allow me to ride in the dark while wearing sunglasses.

plus-one

Don’t know if it’s a glitch or to make Planet X/on one look super.. When I order I get confirmation email then nothing for 2 days then dispatch email arrives and the part arrives same day 😯

5plusn8
    Free Member

Ellwood tyres for my Jake

8) (just needs a hat)

prawny

I made two separate orders with PX over christmas. One was for a £50 voucher and a free helmet, the other was tyres and a base layer paid for with the voucher.

The free helmet was at my house within two days via RM tracked 24. The tyres came to more money, there was nothing for free and it wasn’t dispatched for nearly a week and when it was came RM tracked 48.

It all came and was fine so I’m not complaining, just saying it probably worth being patient with them.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Ok, ok, I will be patient.

Thanks all 🙂

swampi
    Free Member

Drop me an email jef and I will see what’s what

philstone

I ordered a frame and headset 2 weeks ago, frame arrived and lower frame cup was missing. a week later I’m still waiting for their stock team to look into it, even though I sent them a photo of what was received at their request..

scotroutes

You had to go and spoil it…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Hi Swampi. Thanks for chipping in. I am assuming that you work for Planet X.
    As mentioned above, I have checked my expectations, found the automated order confirmation response in my Spam folder and am happy to exercise a little patience for tyres to arrive.

lowey

Wont ever use them again. Had an absolute shambolic experience ordering a Ti29er with them.

They have zero comprehension of customer service. Forget emailing them, your wasting your time. Just pick the phone up and hope for the best.

rob1984p
    Free Member

My experience is not that they have zero comprehension of customer service, it can be patchy though. Nowadays I excuse all because they are so cheap and so for those prices something has to give.

The bearings in some of their wheels are awful and don’t last long but are easy and cheap enough to change for better ones as and when.

They forgot to send my 456evo2 out until I chased a couple years ago but I excuse all that because it’s my favourite hardtail to date and that’s before considering it was just £150!

Three pairs of neoprene overshoes for £15 on the same order as the frame are still hanging in there too.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Just wait till they turn up and they’ve misled you to the compound and they aren’t worth £50 down to £20 but more like £22 down to £20.

Bunch of shysters!

igm

Just building up a PX Pro Carbon for my son. Not the best frame in the world but at £250, delivered promptly, in perfect condition, what’s not to like? And the metallic tangerine colour is fantastic too.

You hear about the bad experiences with OO / PX but generally they’ve been good for me over the years.

I did have one ridiculous experience with one of their £3 tops once, but it was worth £3 for the comedy value really…

woodster

Well I’ve just received a box containing all the accessories for a pair of sunnies, but no actual glasses (what kind of nutter nicks a pair of sunnies without the little bag/lens wipe thing), so we can test out the current state of customer service.

Surprisingly well packaged for Planet X though and everything else arrived so I’m not too annoyed yet.

Junkyard
    Free Member

its erratic [ or cheap for a reason] but my last order at xmas arrived faster than the CRC order that was placed the same day

Its just a case of being aware of who you are ordering from
    Dont think i would ever order something i needed urgently from them [ unless it was dirt cheap]

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Quick update.

Tyres arrived as ordered. Great communication from Swampi on here. Ok, not the fastest service but a realistic one, that’s only my perception from being spoilt rotten from buying from online machines.

I will use them again.

woodster

Well, I’m no closer to a resolution for my missing sunnies. He asked me if there was a note on the dispatch from and funnily enough there wasn’t a note saying “we’re going to send you an empty box first and the sunnies later”, but had not communication since I responded and tried to follow up.

Klunk
    Free Member

they went through a phase of sending me 2 of everything (sent as seperate but same shipments) a while back.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Planet X non rant’ is closed to new replies.