Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Planet X Dirty Harry size…
  • billyblackheart
    Free Member

Looking at my other plastic HT’s I’ve go for 18.5″ frames and a good old amount of seatpost to fit my 32″leg 5’10” frame

My Effective toptubes are around 590mm and I run 80-90mm stems and 560mm bars.

I’m going onto the site and hovering over the basket between getting a Small or a Medium I was going to give them a call and speak to them but thought I’d see if there were any others who’d have an input on Planet X sizes.

nuke

They are bloomin long but I like that. 5′ 9″ here and I’d go for 16.5″ (Medium) with a 23.8″/605mm eTT then use a shorter stem.

billyblackheart
    Free Member

I’ve a very front heavy riding style you see, scared a bit by the length oh and the fact it’s my first Complete bike I’ve bought from the internet, I’ve bought a frame from them..my inbred is 16″ from bb-clamp.

nuke

Always had 16″ On-Ones myself…Scandal 29er, Inbred 853, C456. I guess the small would be fine (Still 23.2″/590mm eTT), just going to need a long seatpost.

So you’re going for full £2k build. Personally I reckon I can build one up for less than that with some better bits…Reba 29ers with Maxle (Merlin), Hope Hoops with Crest (Winstanleys) etc. Probably get frame, wheels and forks for circa £1k leaving plenty left for groupset and other bits.

billyblackheart
    Free Member

I was going for the £1299 X9 version saving £300 or so for Hope/Crests possibly an XO upgrade flog the O-One fishing and replace it with the USE stuff kicking in the shed.

I’m going to take my Rotors my current fancy bike and it will go 1×10.

Now you mention it I could go the frame/reba route but the only groupset I’ve got kicking around would be XTR 9sp that’s now getting long in the tooth, and there are so many little thing I always forget to budget for…hence plumping for a new bike and saving a few quid, I can save up for SIDs later!

There is a Whyte in L at my bike shop but we’re over the 1.8k loosely self imposed budget, although I’ve had a fairly good tax year I’ve saved more than I owe I want it to be a cheap as possible.

nuke

Oh right, yeah, not a bad deal the £1299 bike. Gets you started but basic (Heavy-ish?) spec .

To me, wheels and fork are the components that are going to make the biggest difference and compliment a nice light frame like that…I’d still go custom build and use old bits upgrading when money allowed but each to their own.

billyblackheart
    Free Member

food for thought. I’m not one for the internet buying much but just on Merlin and Winstanleys like you say

I get SIDS, 2×10 XT Gruppo, Elixir Carbons, Hope/CRests for £1750

I knew it would cost more it always will, but thats very much the build it will turn into for only 500 more (obviously need stems bars post saddles etc but thats all covered)

Damn, this was just meant to be what size frame…I’d really hoped to order a new bike this week!

TomHill
    Free Member

I’m 6ft, with a 34in inside leg. I have a 19inch Harry, which fits me nicely. I also have an 18in 456, which I run with a lot of seat post showing, if that helps at all…

nuke

Damn, this was just meant to be what size frame…I’d really hoped to order a new bike this week!

😀

I’m sure the full bike would be very nice and you wouldn’t be disappointed but, given you’ve already got some ideas on upgrades, it could be a false economy to get the full bike and then upgrade…once used the low/mid-range components won’t go for much on Classifieds.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Planet X Dirty Harry size…’ is closed to new replies.