Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Planet X Carbon SL – Mudguards – Help
  • Buzzard
    Free Member

Anyone fitted mudguards to their Planet X carbon pro SL? Seems to me like most of the ones Ive seen arent going to fit – anyone bodged some on? Help please before the rain drives me off the commute

bazzer
    Free Member

Crud Road Racer Mk2’s fit with 23mm tyres

I fitted some when I did a rainy sportive the other day.

You take them out of the box and they look really rubbish, but do the job OK.

Bazzer

speaker2animals

Hi I have one of these bikes. You can’t fit normal mudguards to this bike or any other bike with racing geometry and clearances. I have used SKS raceblades for last two winters. Not bad but I find they rub and rattle a lot (for my liking). I am going to try some CRUD ROADRACER 2s as soon as I have the cash. If you’re interested I could sell you the raceblades to try?

uplink
    Free Member

The Cruds rub too – they’re designed to
    It doesn’t seem to have too much affect on the wheels rolling but I hate it all the same

Bazz

You can’t fit regular mudguards only the clip on variety, of which i’m only aware of two

the sks ones
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/sks/race-blade-mudguards-black-ec012084

and the crud ones
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/crud/road-racer-mk2-mudguard-set-ec024071

wwaswas

I’ve got a set of brand new, bagged, SKS raceblades – £25 posted? email in profile if you’re interested.

bought for my Planet-X Superlight but never got round to fitting them and don’t commute any more.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Thanks boys

wwaswas – thanks for the offer but going to try the cruds as they seem to give more protection. I expect that they will rub and rattle but will just have to live with it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Planet X Carbon SL – Mudguards – Help’ is closed to new replies.