• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Taz.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Planet X carbon road bikes ?? ..anyone got one ??
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Thinking of upgrading my road bike and quite like the look of the planet x carbon road bike
    Whats your thoughts and post them pics if you have one .. especially the pink one !

Jason
    Free Member

I like mine. I only use it for a bit of a change from the mtb. I have done a few 100mile Sportives on it, and have found it very good. The build quality from Plant-X was first class.

salad_dodger

I have one and love it. I only have one criticism, and that's the amount of Planet X branding on it – it appears over 20 times and makes it look a bit cheap imho. Obviously this doesn't detract from the superb ride quality….

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Love mine, but just don't get the time to use it so its going up for sale

the_lecht_rocks

smuzzy – how much ?
    must resist . must resist !!!!!!

Smuzzy
    Free Member

£800, I know you can get for £999 new, but it has a lot of upgrades. Specced it New on the PX web just now and it would be £1700 new. Its not done 100 miles.

fbk
    Free Member

I got one a couple of weeks back (6700 offer) and I'm really happy with it. Not much to compare with as it's the first road bike I've had in 18 years but I'm impressed. It seems fast, surprisingly comfy, surprisingly stable at high speed on the descents and it sadly exposes my lack of fitness for all to see 😕 .

Taz

I really like mine a lot. No problem doing long (80 – 100 mile rides)

I don't have much to compare to but my riding buddie used to race semi pro. He borrowed mine fo an event as his Orbea was not available (can't remember why) He came back and ordered one for himself. Rides nothing else now.

Smuzzy – what size is yours? I was thinking of egtting one for my wife. She needs a medium

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Taz, Its alarge I'm afraid

pinches
    Free Member

How tall are you for the sizing on these? I am 5ft 11 with long legs/arms and a shorter torso, should i be looking at a medium or a large?

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Id say a Large, I'm a shade under 6ft with 33 inside leg. Brant sized this up for me and its perfect.

Taz

Thanks Smuzzy – pity.

Pinches – Go for a Large. I'm just over 6 foot and the large is fine. I could probably go for an XL at a push

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Planet X carbon road bikes ?? ..anyone got one ??’ is closed to new replies.