Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Planet earth live
  • emma82
    Free Member

Anyone watching? I usually love stuff like this but unless it’s done by the legendary Dave Attenborough then it’s usually not worth watching. What’s even worse is the fact that the two most horrendously annoying presenters in the world are presenting it 🙁 But I do love cute kitties 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

gaaaarrrrghghhh that’s it, men in black it is, Richard Hammond just makes me want to scratch my eyes out >-(

enveetee
    Free Member

She’ll get her kit off, she always does

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

unless it’s done by the legendary Dave Attenborough then it’s usually not worth watching

Tripe.

However, the fact that they’re using Hammond means I’m probably oot.

hilldodger
    Free Member

yuck, mr dayglo teeth and madam biltong chops – they just can’t find critters cute enough to make up for those two hacks……

emma82
    Free Member

WHAT DD you take that back: what you meant was

unless it’s done by the legendary Dave Attenborough then it’s usually not worth watching

+1

😀

brakes
    Free Member

boring. it’s like springwatch but with more teeth.

dobo
    Free Member

i think i’ve miss understood the live thing

anyway richard hammond, seriously annoying, why oh why…

emsz
    Free Member

those ickle bears are everso cute

flippinheckler
    Free Member

There are quite a few good wildlife presenters/experts why oh why did they give that little twunt Hammond the job. He’s like a bad smell that won’t go away.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s pretty shite… Let me know if any of the starring animals get eaten and I might switch back over.

Harris
    Free Member

Oh chr*st she’s started crying. It’s got the same tone as an episode of ‘This Morning’.

emma82
    Free Member

I was hoping hammond might get eaten

souldrummer
    Free Member

Why oh why did they elect to use Hammond….what a waste of space.

Kato

She is terrible

“now that’s what you call a bear hug!”

anagallis_arvensis

Hammond is ok imo, a likeable idiot. Better than that **** Packham.

anagallis_arvensis

Oops

Hadge
    Free Member

What a load of crap! Why call it “Live” when they’re showing stuff that’s recorded in the day. I’m sorry but it doesn’t make sense. I am fully aware if it was “live” we might end up watching lions asleep etc etc but because it’s broadcast live doesn’t warrant all the hype. I’d rather watch proper edited film footage than something presented as something special which it isn’t.

maccruiskeen

The idea of doing things ‘Live’, doing things simultaniously live, linking up ‘live’ with something that might be about to happen on the other side of the planet, link up live with something about to happen in Uttoxeter, talking at length about when we’ll be going live to something or other, with a live link to a person getting excited about the the thing we’ll be seeing live, lets just pan the camera round so you can see all the people and all their special kit, doing all the magic to make this thing live……

Broadcasting things live seems to be much more exciting for the people making TV than it is for the people watching it.

swavis

I soooo wanted to like this but just couldn’t. Why oh why did they use those two nuggets 😡

njee20
    Free Member

Hadge +1

The pre-recorded footage was good, but would’ve been improved by the dulcet tones of David Attenborough, and the live links were completely pointless and detracted from the show.

I thought the whole point was gonna be that they were in lots of places simultaneously so that something would be happening at one of them.

rmacattack
    Free Member

I don’t think they made me want to tune in for anymore after that first episode. Damn it was dire

anagallis_arvensis

Not quite sure what some of you were expecting to see… Anyway the kids seem to love it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

All that gear, all that time, all that effort..

Better of with Ray Mears. 1 Man, 1 sound recordist, 1 cameraman, 1 editor, fab.
    Or that bloke that goes and visits tribes, yerknow whatshisname..

Can’t stand wildlife stuff, David Att’s was great for a time when we didn’t know what was on the other side of the planet, but now? erm well we do don’t we.

Next they’ll be forcing a stick up the arse of a lion just to get it to do something.

Dull as.

anagallis_arvensis

So you dont like nature stuff and then complain that you dont like nature stuff, you maybe need to get out more.

joeegg
    Free Member

I disliked Julia Bradbury as a presenter before this latest effort and this hasn’t changed my mind.She should take up politics as she’s so insincere and false.

chorlton
    Free Member

This sort of thing seems to be creeping into Radio 4 as well, which used to be somewhere I could rely on for information/content.
    Some of the programmes tend to go on about someones personality too much.

Bastards. 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Planet earth live’ is closed to new replies.