Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Plan my weekend please!
  • legolam
    Free Member

I need suggestions from the STW massive on where is best to go riding this weekend.

I have both Saturday and Sunday off for once, and need suggestions for both days that avoids the worst of the conditions. I’m based in Newcastle and plan to stay local-ish on Saturday (?Hamsterley, Edmundbyers, Simonside or Thrunton) then go further afield on Sunday with friends (?GT or Mabie).

The location with the highest vote wins 😀

legolam
    Free Member

No-one got any info on conditions in the north east of England/south of Scotland?

davesmate
    Free Member

Gonna be cold and wet, don’t leave the house.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What he said.

Fly to Malaga tonight, call in sick on Monday, do a long weekend with Switchbacks?

legolam
    Free Member

Well, you lot are full of joy this morning! What happened to MTFU?!

davesmate
    Free Member

Pffft! Been MTFU’ing all year. It’s a week from winter solstice and the days starting to get longer. Time to stay in bed, pull the duvet right up to your chin and dream of those not so far off days of dry and dusty trails with the sun on your back!

K

dream of those not so far off days of dry and dusty trails with the sun on your back!

This is it for the weather, it’s going to stay wet and dull until next winter when we might have a couple of frosty sunny days but you will have to work. 🙂

P20

I’m nights this weekend, but Tasha is about, though she’s not sure what she’s doing. Looking at the weather forecast I’d be playing in the trees in Saturday and heading out in Sunday. It looks like it’ll be muddy wherever rather than frozen. Lakes for Sunday?

ahsat

Lakes for Sunday?

Forecast is poo!

Fly to Malaga tonight, call in sick on Monday, do a long weekend with Switchbacks?

Hannah – see you at the airport this evening?! Its shorts weather in Spain!

chakaping
    Free Member

Head over to the Lakes and stay the night.

ahsat

Head over to the Lakes and stay the night.

[url=http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/ambleside#?tab=fiveDay&locId=353105]Forecast is worse over there than in the NE[/url]

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

see you at the airport this evening?! Its shorts weather in Spain!

I went this time last year, it’s bizzare riding in the morning, a few beers in the sunshine, christmas shopping afternoon and a walk down to the beach!

legolam
    Free Member

I wish Spain was even on the cards – I’m stuck in Middlesbrough until half nine tonight 🙁

toons
    Free Member

where did u ride?

edinburghbiker
    Free Member

GT is meant to be very icy on most of the exposed trails atm (spooky, super g, hit squad hill, matrix etc) When i went up last week or so, it was very snowy and climbing was an issue but the decents were fun with a few overtakes 😉
    If conditions are seriously bad, a loop of the blue may be in order ( i always have a run down the blue return after a loop of the red. Good Luck

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Plan my weekend please!’ is closed to new replies.