Me and my mrs are getting hitched in July (the thread before Xmas on engagement rings came through for me!) and whilst she’s sorting out most stuff (my role is largely to suck air through my teeth and say ‘sounds expensive’) I’ve been tasked with sorting out the honeymoon… guess what I want ideas on!
So - the criteria are:
* Neither of us are particularly inactive sit on a beach types, but I’m definitely the more adventurous. The Mrs isn’t averse to trying new things, but she does freak out a bit if there is no running water or she has to sleep in a tent.
* We’d prefer to go somewhere a bit interesting – maybe a bit off the beaten track. We’ve no problem with rocking up somewhere and sorting out accommodation when we get there (more practical in some places than others).
* A holiday with a theme / challenge would be interesting, but nothing intensive we’ll be knackered from organising the wedding.
* Happy to do a bit of riding / hiking / snowboarding / something
* No particular budget in mind, but I figure keep it to about two grand ish.
* Ideally for two weeks.
Basically I’ve not got a clue. I vaguely considered going to South America, until I realised it’d be winter there. Prefer not to go to Canada as well as we went boarding there a few weeks ago and I’m going mtbing there in September.
So please help! Where did you go for your honeymoon? Is it best just to leave it to the last minute?