Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plan me a road trip
  • oliverracing

I’m fast approaching the end of my degree this summer so looking at planning a road trip around Europe/the alps. Likely going to have approximately a month and while I’ve got a few places to visit as part of the trip the rest is reasonably free and will be routed to find the best riding/climbing and maybe a bit of walking too.

Got Le Mans 24 booked for the 17/18th June and need to be back around the 15th July, I also plan on visiting my brother who’ll be working in the Dolomites. It’s also looking possible that a friend will join me out there so will need to do a flypast of an airport to pick him up. (The current level of my plan is shown below) Going to be in a kit car so completely impracticable but hopefully good fun

I know the Haute-Savoie and Savoie areas of France pretty well, as well as a few small sections along the Swiss/Italian border, but the rest is reasonably new to me or I’ve only ever visited for one night so not had time to explore the area.

What I’m really after are the “you really have to go there” or “that ride was AMAZING” type comments to help put together a rough route taking in the highlights. Also good/cheap campsites are always a bonus! 😀 I’m perfectly capable of googling but thought I’d get the STW perspective as you’ve been pretty reliable with good routes and places to go in the past!

Plan is to also take bikepacking kit so 2/3 day routes are also possible.

oliverracing

Cheeky bump for the daytime crowd 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Plan me a road trip’ is closed to new replies.