Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Places to stay near Cannock Chase
  • colwyn58
    Free Member

Hi,
    Going up to Cannock chase next weekend and need somewhere to stay, can anyone reccomend a bike friendly and reasonably priced (cheap!) B&B not too far away.
    Thanks in advance.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I live very near the Chase but cannot think of any bike friendly B&B's

If this helps these are 2 phone numbers of Chase based LBS that may know of places.

01785 664555 MammothLifeStyles

01889 575170 Swinnertons Cycles

takisawa2

Weather is looking good, what about camping ?
    Nice little paddock behind the Cafe by the German Cemetery.
    There's always the Travel-Lodge in Rugeley.

Neverfastenough offers rooms by the hour…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scruff
    Free Member

Quite a few B&Bs on the Lichfield road in Stafford but they are aimed at tourists and business folk, most seem to have secure parking though.
    Suprising how few places (none) aim for peple visting the Chase. Whitehouse would have been good if anyone actually bothered with it, now Jebus runs the place its nuns only accomodation.

kinda666
    Free Member

I thought it was the british broadcasting corporation had taken over there! 🙁

white101

I stopped at the Rugley travel lodge last year with my brother £29 for a night. Little chef breakfast, and a strange night out in town. people watching, pricless 😯

scruff
    Free Member

Try a night out in Cannock.

iDave
    Free Member

Try a night out in Cannock.

They're like humans, only different……

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Neverfastenough offers rooms by the hour…

PT, how many times have I told you its my Mrs who does that 😉

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Weather is looking good, what about camping ?

That will be interesting – camping solo by the German Cemetery 😯 even more so now its the stag rutting season with all those horrible noises they make..

lunge

A night out in either Cannock or Rugely is an experience you will not wish to repeat again.

gixer.john
    Free Member

Four Crosses on the A5 @ Hatherton – cheap, pretty run down and haunted too. About a 5 minute drive from the Chase

rOcKeTdOg

sleep on one of the Go Ape! platforms with your bike strung next to you for a ewok/predator style experience

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

How about Stafford, there are a few b&b's on the road that leads from Stafford to the Chase, can even cycle from there to the chase if you wanted.

Stafford ain't too bad on a night either, although i got a black eye there once, someone took offense to my wild dancing!!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow

Stafford ain't too bad on a night either, although i got a black eye there once, someone took offense to my wild dancing!!

Yes but coming across and tellin his missus it was a fiver a pop if you squirmed on her lap was a bit far even for Stafford. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Places to stay near Cannock Chase’ is closed to new replies.