Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Places to stay close to Afan??
  • Hallsy
    Free Member

A few of us are planning on taking a trip to Afan for a long weekend, probably have our partners in tow as well.

Thinking about places to stay. I'm thinking a hotel/travel inn may not be ideal as I'd like a safe place to keep our bikes.

Stumbled across this which looks quite good: http://www.afanforestbreaks.co.uk/accomm.htm

Only problem is, there could be up to 10 of us.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

PaperLawyer
    Free Member

Afan Lodge is absolutely great – a group of 12 of us stayed there recently and I would not hesitate to stay there again. The Lodge has secure bike facilities.

http://www.activehotels.com/1/1/3486716-afan-lodge-port-talbot.html

toys19
    Free Member

bryn bettws lodge is like a youth hostel/packers, brand new clean cheap great brekky and they have log cabins and are building a 4x track and its near the skyline. You can ride out the door and be on the afan trail system. Got secure bike lock up in a metal ships container. Really nice location great views and just awesome.

swallow
    Free Member

lifted from the DropOff Cafe website. I know Ian pretty well and can say he's a top bloke. well worth a look

————–

Looking for somewhere to stay? Try:

Drop Off House available for let……It’s a lovely ambient location, 2 minute bike ride from the MTB centre or 10 minute stumble back. It sleeps 6/8 people, three rooms upstairs. One Double room and two twins. Lots of room downstairs for the extra two if need be. Includes drying room, Bike storage, Great water pressure for showers (takes your skin off!). Welcome pack included which has the regular, milk, tea, coffee, a few munchies, beer/wine just to settle you in on your arrival. £25 should do it per person per night. Contact me for further info! 07815 202012 or email ian@dropoffcafe.com.

Hallsy
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys, all taken on board 🙂

Once I know for sure how many of us are going I can start looking properly, but gives me an idea of what's about, prices, etc 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Places to stay close to Afan??’ is closed to new replies.