Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Places to live in and around Manchester.
  • hora
    Free Member

ChoBo? Does that mean Stretford? I prefer Stretford as Stretford!

When we lived in West Hampstead (next to Hampstead)….even further past WHampstead was Kilburn which **** referred to as ‘Hampstead borders’ 😆

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’m in Whalley Range – seems ok here, and conveniently close to the city centre. It’s also known as ChoBo – Chorlton Borders!

My mate lives in Burnage, right next to the Burnage station, yet the estate agent was adamant the house is in Didsbury when he bought it. I think that was because it added 50 grand to the price.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Chorlton = Vegan
    Cho Bo = Vegetarian
    Burnange = processed meats

Take your pick

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Can we start a reverse campaign to have Chorlton referred to as Moss-side Borders? Imagine how frightfully annoyed the newly installed BBC lot would be if that one got a grip? It’d make Newsnight 😆

Garry_Lager

Everyone says Burnage is a hole, but I cycle through every day and it seems fine to me – erwood rd / burnage rd, some nice houses.

That is from a moving-through-at-20mph perspective, admittedly.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Burnage is ok especially the southern extent of it – there are a lot worse places. I would take Burnage over anywhere in Salford.

stevemakin
    Free Member

Stretford

St Retford

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Burnage should be pronounced the same way as a posh person says ‘garage’. Burn-aage.

Harry_the_Spider

Go north. Prestwich is the answer.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I’ve been a Stockport native for the last 14+years. It’s ****. The silver lining is that it’s easily ride-able to the Peaks and commutable to MancLand. Other than those it’s a dump of the highest order.

binners

Prestwich is the answer.

But whats the question? Do you drive a Volvo? Are you in possession of a foreskin? 😉

Harry_the_Spider

But whats the question? Do you drive a Volvo? Are you in possession of a foreskin?

That’s Sedgely Park. It acts as a fire break between Prestwich and Higher Broughton. A sort of Kosher moat. It stops the walking dead getting too far north.

Prestwich is mostly full of second generation Irish with teflon suits and that mad wire wool hair thing going on.

scuzz
    Free Member

Miles Platting if you like daytime drunks on the bus.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Vegas ?

davidjones15
    Free Member

This is from a flat in Burnage/Whithington area, a touch too pretentious for moi.

You could always look north of the city centre. Some of it is actually quite nice. Running water, inside toilets, electricity, the lot!

I have heard stories that all three in the same house is a bit of a rarity.
    Workwise I’ll be travelling and with a flexible timetable, so rush hour traffic isn’t going to be a problem.
    Keep the suggestions coming. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

I’d look further north. Ramsbottom, Helmshore etc. I’m in Simister which is quiet in so far as it has two pubs and a post box and nothing else. But I like it.

Bregante

HtS, I reckon you must know my brother if you’re in simister 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Perhaps. I’m midway between the pubs.

Bregante

He’s a bit closer to the Same Yet. Corner of Croft Ave. (just moved back in after being in France for a few years)…

Harry_the_Spider

I’m about a 100m away.

Does he ride a bike?

Bregante

He has one but I’m not sure he rides much. You’ve probably seen him or his Mrs or kids walking their dalmatian.

unovolo
    Free Member

Random Chorlton fact No.1
    The Co-op funeral parlour which was formerly a Theatre once played host to the BeeGees.

Quite apt when you think one of there hits was ……..Staying Alive.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I live in Sale and have done for a while. The town centre is the pits and the main drag on the weekend can be like the wild west. Having said that, it’s handy for Town, has good schools and in general the housing is good. I live facing onto the canal (anyone that is familiar with Sale should be able to figure out where) and it’s lovely. Our problem is that to move up we’re looking at another 100k to the next ‘level’ (avoiding 3 bed semi’s and the like).

hora
    Free Member

I don’t know why but I’ve always found Orthodox Jewish women cute. Driving through is like a virtual pron mag. Wierd. Afterall they all look like young Barbara Striesands.

Arry’ Prestwich is WYorkshire borders 😉

Harry_the_Spider

That, my perverted friend, is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. Ever.

Prestwich Tesco on Friday afternoon is nothing like the Playboy Mansion after a delivery of Es.

binners

A sort of Kosher moat

Genius, sir! 😆

Hora – is their no end to your perversion? You’re a very very sick puppy

hora
    Free Member

MrsHora once pointed out that most of them are wearing wigs and their clothes are ‘M&S circa 1980’ but Jewish girls are cute. FACT. 😈

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Hello from a Chorlton / Disdsbury border dweller (Barlow Moor) – it’s ok here, got the Trans Pennine Trail on the doorstep, Didsbury and Stockport one way, Chorlton the other. It’s a fair old ride to the peaks from here, not gone that way yet – did ride TPT to Liverpool a few weeks back, was good fun.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Places to live in and around Manchester.’ is closed to new replies.