Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • places to eat near glasgow velodrome
  • karnali
    Free Member

going to the revelution afternoon session tomorrow with family, travelling up from Carlisle aimin ot get to glasgow about 11.30 racing starts at 1 is there a pizza hut near to the velodrome or something along those lines we will pass on route to get a bit of lunch on the way?

collinstiffee
    Free Member

There is a pizza hut at the Parkhead Forge here:

Velodrome area

if you go into the city centre there are lots more to chose from, but be aware of the bus gates. There are cameras on these and they issue fines if you go through.

karnali
    Free Member

cheers is it at the forge shopping centre?

collinstiffee
    Free Member

Yes.. Just up the road. GPS is your friend. They do have a café at the velodrome but after that drive I think I’d want pizza! Some really good places in teh city centre though. 🙂

julzm
    Free Member

At the motorway junction where you come off the m74 motorway (junction 2a I think) there is a table table place (but like Brewers fayre but better). It’s called Orion way, next door to a McDonald’s and kfc. Park head forge is a bit rough so don’t leave your bike unattended at the car there.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I wouldn’t wish parkhead forge on David Cameron.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

Ii admit it’s a bit rough, and I’d park within running distance and would probably keep my eyes on the bike the whole time. So, what they said.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

There used to be a Chinese round the corner from Turnstiles heading towards Parkhead Cross called the Shat Inn Palace.

This is true.

haggis1978

Aye there’s some queer looking folk in the Forge alright. Grotesquely fat, horrible, slevering, permanent-tan, chip guzzling, baby eating monsters!

Give me the heebie jeebies!

joshvegas
    Free Member

The whole area is a shite hole.

If it was me i’d park in dennsitoun drives.

Grab a burger at Jaybes barbeque the columbian is smashing.

Then walk down to the velodrome.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Or just eat in the cafe at the velodrome. There won’t be any fat baby eating monsters in there.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Its not pizza but West Brewery at Glasgow Green ( about a 20 minute walk) is worth a visit

joshvegas
    Free Member

If you want to go to the least atmospheric bar in glasgow.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

But with the best beer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘places to eat near glasgow velodrome’ is closed to new replies.