Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Places to eat in Paris?
  • jools182
    Free Member

Will be staying in the Montmartre area which I’ve been told is very touristy and to avoid eating at the cafes there

Any nice cafes or restaurants that anyone has been to?

I’m more student budget than stw budget 🙂

wordnumb
    Free Member

You can usually find somebody selling corn on the cob cooked fresh from a stolen shopping trolley.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Not local to Montmatre, but you can get the best burgers ever here.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.leclosbourguignon.com/

A little away from Montmartre, but I go here every single time I find myself in Paris. It’s an utter delight. Just be prepared to accept it for what it is, and you’ll love it.

Chilled red wine? Oh yes, very much so!
    Steak Frites? Mais, oui!
    Olivier et famille will vraiment look after vous!

nbt

La Beliere on Rue Daguerre

ElShalimo

One problem that you may have is that restaurants are either there forever, or for just a year or so. I go to Paris a lot and the turnover is quite incredible.

For a south-west french feast this place is excellent Clementine – about 20 mins walk away

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

The wife and I had a great meal in a Togo Restaurant called Le Mono, up in Moulin Rouge. Large portions, family run place tucked away. Cosy atmosphere. Inexpensive.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Bofinger is fantastic

thetallpaul
    Free Member

l’Affriole (17 Rue Malar) which is a short stroll from the Eiffel Tower.
    Amazing food.
    You need to book though.

atlaz
    Free Member

Comptoir du Relais in Odeon. Not too expensive but fantastic “proper” French food. Best thing is no reservations at weekends so if you’re either early or a bit late for the meal time you can always get a table.

ElShalimo

Le Petit Bofinger is excellent too but €€s

An interesting and probably much more sensibly priced cheaper option is Chartier in the 9éme. It’s an old fashioned Parisian bistro and the waiters are deliberately rude to you, regardless of who you are. It’s very entertaining and almost like being at the theatre. It can be quite random too, so you could end up fruit or yoghurt for dessert on the set menu. The food on the set and a la carte menu is pretty good

If you end up in an unfamiliar area, Chez Papa have a chain of south-west French restaurants across Paris. Good hearty food for not much €s

jools182
    Free Member

thanks everyone, that should keep me fed for a few days 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

l’entrecote – go for the one on the left bank by Les Deux Magots. But get there early. The steak, sauce and the frites are great!

Blimey is Chartier still going, That was a fun haunt when I lived in Paris in the early 90s!!! Destroys the notion that the customer is always right!!!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

This place is excellent, I go there regularly (currently living in Paris 1/2 the time). Good burgers plus all the staple French dishes like homemade confit du canard. Yes around Sacre Coeur is a bit touristy but worth a stroll around, some of the places are ok but my recommendation is very close near the bottom of the steps used in all movies and ads.

Paris is bad for pickpockets especially in touristy parts so take care.

Francoeur

scandalous
    Free Member

Mama shelter looked amazing for food and the cocktails were sublime.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Places to eat in Paris?’ is closed to new replies.