Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Places to eat in Inverness
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

We’re getting married next year just outside Inverness on the south side of lochness and want to go somewhere after the informal ceremony for something to eat. Doesnt have to be posh or ‘wedding based’ by any stretch of the imagination, just somewhere nice to eat with good ambiance. Can anybody recommend anywhere? Cheers!

deejayen
    Free Member

Congratulations!

I haven’t been for a few years, but I remember the Riva Restaurant (Italian) served some excellent food. It always looks busy when I pass, and has a nice view of the River Ness and Inverness castle.

Rocpool restaurant is next door to Riva’s, but I’ve not been there – when it opened I knew a few people who went, and think they said it was good, but think it may be more ‘arty’.

The Mustard Seed is also quite good.

I suspect a lot of places are typically (for the Highlands) poor, and then there are those at the other end of the scale which I’ve heard are pretentious, and very expensive for tiny portions.

flatfish
    Free Member

Been to the mustard seed when I’ve been in town.
    Both times have been great.
    Really recommend.

GolfChick
    Free Member

thanks for all of those, the less pretentious the better really as Im a fairly awkward eater and seeing as its our wedding people will go where I go… after all they’ve driven/flown all the way to Inverness so they must be fairly committed!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Unpretentious eh….Jimmy Chung’s?

kcal

Haven’t been for a while, couple of fine enough hotels with restaurants around the Crown area, maybe harder to get to though with parking… But always hear good stuff about Mustard Seed (think they have a sister restaurant across the river as well.)

At least they’re by the river so nice, short hop to Ness Islands for a walk before/after.

bedmaker

Sounds like you need to visit the legend that is the Castle Street

Cafe 1 also good, Number 27 even better – with the added bonus of some really nice beers on tap.

stevious

If you’re already on the South side of Loch Ness then the food at the Dores Inn is excellent. The restaurant has a nice relaxed vibe.

Either that or the Mustard Seed if you must be in town.

murf
    Free Member

Lol, I love the Castle Restaurant! Deffo not 1st choice for a wedding bash though.
    What is the spanish place further up opposite the castle like? I keep meaning to go. I’m a big fan of pizza so I’d be going to pizza hut up the retail park.

Is this an open invite Golfchick? I have 2 hungry kids that would love a free meal…

GolfChick
    Free Member

never noticed the Ness islands before having been there twice now so cheers for that, will defo head over for a quick pedal round.

GolfChick
    Free Member

oooo stevious that looks spot on seeing as we’re getting married on the side of one of the lochs if not ness itself, be nice to follow the wedding with similar feel.

kcal

handful of years when a kid in Inverness, stayed a stones throw from the Ness Islands, happy memories of running round there, aged about 9.. up to all sorts in around Holm Mills, Culduthel road, sandy road..

Hotel I had been in was – I think – Beuafort Hotel, perfectly fine meal.

sweepy
    Free Member

I thought the mustard seed was a bit pretentious, i’d go to aspendos- turkish place in the town.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Places to eat in Inverness’ is closed to new replies.