Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Places to eat between Newcastle and Edinburgh and also in Leith
  • karnali
    Free Member

Having a couple of nights in Edinburgh, staying in Leith, won’t be leaving Newcastle til about 6 on the first evening anyone know of nice places to eat on the way up and don’t mind which way we go up either A1 all way or use inland routes.

Also any recommendations for Leith or Edinburgh for an evening meal as well.

Thanks in advance

ElShalimo

There’s a very good pizzeria in Seahouses and you can reserve tables too.
    Elan Pizzeria

Drac

Northumberland Arms – Felton

Cook and Barker – Swarland

Market Tavern – Alnwick

The Dirty Bottles – Alnwick

Mumbai Flavours – Alnwick

Cafe Terrino – Alnwick

karnali
    Free Member

thanks

SaxonRider

Leith is great. I know that it has a reputation, but I had a flat there about five years ago when I was on a job, and found it to be quite congenial

La Favorita on Leith Walk is a fantastic Italian place, while the ‘Word of Mouth Bistro Cafe’ on Albert Stree, just off Leith Walk, is a great place to have a coffee and a cake while you read or write. You can stay in there for hours.

HTH.

frankconway

Cook & Barker and Northumberland Arms from Drac ^^^ both great suggestions but ££.
    Anglers Arms at Weldon Bridge – just north of Morpeth? Long time since my last visit.
    Berwick is the ‘traditional’ halfway point but it’s 30 years since I was last there.

Shackleton

The tree house (literally) at Alnwick Gardens was fun. Tasty food too.

tjagain

I live in leith on the shore. there are 25 restaurants within 250m of my flat. What sort of scoff? Ship on the shore is my fave for seafood. Martin Wisharts for michelin starred food.

Kings Wark for quality pub grub. I have only been in those three the last year. there is also Tom Kitchens place, and loads of others.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Highlander pub at Belsay does decent enough pub grub. Chippy in Jedburgh is very good. Those were the two options when I was coming back to Inners and work was paying. Sun Inn near Dalkeith is just down the road from us and very good but probably a little out of your way although it is right on the A7. Only experience in Leith in recent years was Chop Chop, used to be good value and tasty Chinese food.

karnali
    Free Member

Thanks folks plenty to pick from there

chickenman

The Wallnut on Leith Walk is a cracker.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nothing to add

Drac – Moderator

Market Tavern – Alnwick

The Dirty Bottles – Alnwick

Mumbai Flavours – Alnwick

Cafe Terrino – Alnwick
    But I’m going to get a shock in a couple of weeks.

Drac

Yup you’ll see a few changes.

GrahamS

If you are on the A68 then the http://www.buccleucharms.com/ in the borders is good and you pass right by it.

(A68 is the way I usually go. It’s more interesting. The A1 is straight and boring)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Places to eat between Newcastle and Edinburgh and also in Leith’ is closed to new replies.