Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Places to eat and drink near betws y coed that don't smell of chip fat
  • SOAP
    Free Member

And are not from Only fools and Horses.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated,heard asha balti is good.

Northwind

We ate at the stables, it’s a wee bit brewer’s fayre tbh but decent food, good prices and portions etc.

AndrewL

Bistro Betws-Y-Coed does pretty nice food

twoniner
    Free Member

Yeah, Stables is good, decent food and plenty of it. The Ploughmans is nice.

If you are happy for a bit of a drive there is an awesome Indian takeaway in Bethesda about 15-20 drive from Betws, it’s called sittar.

How’s the riding going, did you do Snowdon today?

bigpole
    Free Member

Stables or chippy on the bridge over the waterfalls

tmb467
    Free Member

Down tomorrow – Dolgellau based tho so gonna try Pont Scethin in the afternoon

Snowdon on Wed…how was it today?

singlespeedstu

Just put your shell suit and curly wig on and embrace the real taste of ByC. 😆

alaric

The Fronoleu is a bit the other side of Dolgellau and does excellent food.

SOAP
    Free Member

Snowdon was great but I think the weather played a big part. I wouldn’t do it unless you have good/great weather. It’s just not worth the slog.
    Started at the Yha Ranger hostel (should of started at llanberis) took just over an hour to reach the summit from the start of the llanberis path and 20 mins to descend the Ranger path back to the hostel with one puncture/ split halfway down.(moving time)
    My favourite bit was telegraph valley tbh the ranger path was like riding through a mine field getting smashed to bits.
    Would upload pics but the cottage were in might as well have dial up…….
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/368428352

Will try stables in the week just need to find a SportsDirect to get our shell suits.
    Thanks

grum
    Free Member

Bistro Betws-Y-Coed does pretty nice food

This. Few years ago now but we had a great meal there.

SOAP
    Free Member

Have just eaten at Asha Balti in llanrwst and it was excellent.
    and here is a pic from yesterday 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

I wouldn’t do it unless you have good/great weather. It’s just not worth the slog.

I thought it was worth it even with this view at the top:

Fun day out on the bike 😀 the bullit was a bit of effort going up but made going down the rocky stuff so much fun.

tmb467
    Free Member

Roll on Wednesday

Pop my Snowdon cherry 🙂

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

Pete’s eats, Llanberis

rickon
    Free Member

Lol. Pete’s eats is a proper greasy spoon. Ive had so many hangover breakfasts there before going climbing in the pass.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Places to eat and drink near betws y coed that don't smell of chip fat’ is closed to new replies.