Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Places never been, and are you going?
  • tang
    Free Member

Scotland. I have been/lived all over the world yet for some reason never fulfilled my childhood desire to go. Something I plan to sort out in my 40th year.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Liverpool, I’m expecting to stay about an hour before I do the Liverpool – Leeds canal.

I’ll be alright won’t I?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Peebles. I’m planning it for next month.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Mars. Nope.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

North of the Arctic Circle, probably Tromso next year

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Utah in October.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Prison. Hope not.

I don’t really understand this game.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The start of the Canal is a UNESCO world Heritage site
    Only you can decide if you can cope with the culture.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Prison. Hope not.

It’s a doddle mate. I’ve been in 14 yrs 3 months.

moose
    Free Member

Syria. It’s only a matter of time.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Syria. It’s only a matter of time.

I know what you mean. Unfortunately.

Caher

Russia flew over but no desire to land.

skaifan
    Free Member

Bluewater and lakeside. Long may my absence continue.

Philby

USA – will get round to going some day

bearnecessities

I’ve never been to me.

wordnumb
    Free Member

The end of a rainbow. Will keep trying.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Iceland. Going early next year. Cannot wait.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Prison. Hope not.

My Dads been in a few. He says the mental hospitals are worse.

lunge

The far north, Scandinavia, Iceland, that kind of place, it’s on the list, maybe next year.

South America, again, this is in the sites for next year too.

willard

Most of the world and, to be honest, probably won’t now that kids are on the way.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Stockholm. This month.

NYC. November

Junkyard
    Free Member

But you have been to paradise I assume

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ireland. Sister in law has taken a job in Dublin so no doubt that will be rectified before long.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We now have a Niece settled in New Zealand. Despite my sailing/windsurfing connections I’ve never been there, and I have a mate out there, we plan next Sept..

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Iceland,planning on going next summer.
    Australia,within the next 3 years.It’s a big place so I’ll try & get a couple of months sabbatical from work.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Scotland’s high on my list.

I’ve been lucky enough to see a lot of Asia. Looking forwards to a couple of weeks in Burma in December. Should be interesting.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have never been to loads of places and have absolutely no intention of going

chakaping
    Free Member

Had a plane connection in Bahrain once.

Never want to return to middle East.

chakaping
    Free Member

Would like to see the grand canyon and the Himalayas. Who knows if I will.

Also want to see a live volcano, probably stromboli.

peterfile
    Free Member

Have never been to loads of places and have absolutely no intention of going

It’s amazing how fundamentally different people are. One of my greatest fears is that I might not get to see certain places and meet the people there.

ton

bikebouy – Member

Liverpool, I’m expecting to stay about an hour before I do the Liverpool – Leeds canal.

I’ll be alright won’t I?

when are you planning on that? and do you fancy some company?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

To a Maze

Been wanting to do one for a few years now.

Apart from Hampton Court, any other good ones about ..??

willard

With the exception of Slough, I believe that not every place can be wholly bad to visit.

I’ve done parts of the middle east (Bahrain, UAE, AFG) and, despite the inequality and the occasional person trying to kill you, they all have some redeeming features.

I’d like to travel more, to get off the beaten track and see the places that not everyone sees, but I missed that chance about 9 years ago (after marriage 1 ended and before relationship/marriage 2 began). Maybe one day I’ll be able to drive to Sydney or motorcycle from Achorage to Tierra Del Fuego, but it will not be any time soon.

SaxonRider

Places I have never been that I would seriously like to visit:

1. Guatemala
    2. Tunisia/Algeria
    3. Jordan/Lebanon

I figure I will get to nos 2 & 3 eventually, but it is unlikely I will make it back over the Atlantic unless I return to Canada for a visit.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Chakaping – Vesuvius is not exactly belching fire at the moment but is considered to be active. You can park 2/3 of the way up and walk the rest, then take in the results of said volcano doing its thing in Pompeii and Herculaneum. Recommended 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

ton – Member
    bikebouy – Member

I’ll be alright won’t I?
    when are you planning on that? and do you fancy some company?

I’m sort of planning late Oct, I want to see the Autumn settle in proper and think this will be a great route, not taxing because I fancy taking it well easy, taking photos along the way. Was thinking of a stop over mid way nr Blackburn/Accrington area, decent B&B but want an evening meal too so could/might have to be a Hotel.
    Looking to plan now/book something soon.

m1kea
    Free Member

SaxonRider

Places I have never been that I would seriously like to visit:

3. Jordan/Lebanon

Spent 2 weeks in Jordan last Sept. Better than expected though TBH a week would be long enough to cover the main sites.

Petra far exceeded my expectations as there’s so much more than the Treasury. A night or two in Wadi Rum is a must as the scenery, sky and isolation is fab.

The dead sea is pretty meh 🙄 to be honest. Very few access points on the Jordan side and the ‘sea’ shore is bland.

Some good historical sites (Jerash) but don’t hold your breath looking for old Islamic buildings / history as there isn’t much.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Spent 2 weeks in Jordan last Sept.

I look forward to reading about the details in her next book.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Seoul, South Korea

This time next week I’ll be lording it up in business class on the way there.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to it that much, but it’s another stamp in the passport

beej

Stromboli as well, we’ve started planning for 9 days or so in Sicily next year which should include a night on the Stromboli and the night hike, plus cycling up Etna.

I’d like to go to Alaska at some point, South America (lots of it) and Australia.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Places never been, and are you going?’ is closed to new replies.