Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Places for an overnight stay on the way to the Alps
  • looneylunn
    Free Member

Hello

I will be travelling to the Alps sometime in July next year with a few mates in a van. We are looking for somewhere to stay overnight to break up the journey. We were looking at Dijon or Troyes. We would like somewhere cheap £35 – £50 pppn ish. We would like secure parking for the van and somewhere to get a decent meal and a drink. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Cheers

Steve

jo_h
    Free Member

We’ve stayed at the ibis in Troyes before now and it did exactly what we needed – parking at the hotel (it’s just a car park on a raised level behind the hotel with CCTV rather than anything really secure), walking distance to somewhere to eat, easy to find. Cheap and cheerful, but a bit noisy as its on a busy road. I kinda like Troyes too, so nice to walk around the old town at night, not too big/busy. Would use it again.

Edit: it used to be an etap, think they’re now ibis budget or something like that…like I said, cheap and cheerful!

looneylunn
    Free Member

Nice one. I’ll check it out.

Rivett
    Free Member

+1 for Troyes. Stopped in the Ibis and the Mercure opposite. There is a secure carpark under the hotel but you would not get a van in.

medievalkneival
    Free Member

Stayed at Dijon on the way to Les Arcs at ‘HotelF1 Dijon Nord’. Basic, but very clean. Can get a beer from the restaurant and a buffet breakfast. Three of us share a room, costs about £16 each. That was 2010, so prices may have increased slightly. This year, done the full drive from Manchester to Bourg, setting off at 9pm to get lower channel tunnel prices and it was very tiring. Took a couple of days to recover.

Just my opinion, but the overnight break is a good idea

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Places for an overnight stay on the way to the Alps’ is closed to new replies.