Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Place your bets – will we get our Ipad? (UK Mail 'issues')
  • andyl
    Free Member

Ipad air 2 and case ordered from Apple on the 12th.
    Delivery confirmed for the 16th via their courier Syncreon
    Syncreon seems to pass parcels over to UK Mail who tried to deliver on the 15th (no one in as not expecting it) but tracking showed “address problem”
    16th – case delivered not ipad. Call couriers mobile who confirms he put down part delivery when I signed and the rest of the order back at the depot. Tracking shows “part delivered”
    17th – no attempt to deliver or send out. Check tracking and says call depot. Call UK mail and told they will get the depot to call me.
    18th – still no call, tracking not updated, no attempt to deliver. Call apple and report problem
    19th – Apple lodge complaint with UK mail, tracking at UK Mail changed to “Delivered” on the 16th and address problem bit removed and changed to “please call”
    Emailed their head of customer service this morning – nothing yet.
    Syncreon tracking still shows “incorrect address” for the 15th and “out for delivery” on the 16th.

Not holding much hope!

Drac

Contact your credit card company let them deal with it, mean time by one from somewhere else.

andyl
    Free Member

That is what I am thinking. Did think about filling out a theft report online too in case I need some kind of reference but it’s up to Apple really, my contract is with Apple so I might just hit the “cancel order” button.

If Costco had the grey version in stock I would have bought through them (very good at sorting out warranty claims etc).

andyl
    Free Member

Just checked UK Mail tracking again and now it comes up with

An error occurred while retrieving your parcel data, please try again. If the problem persists, please use the Contact form on the UK Mail website, clearly stating your name, telephone number, email address and account number and we will assist you during normal working hours.

eddie11
    Free Member

ah that looks like a christmas time message from a parcel company

‘we havent nicked it (yet) but we have no idea where it is. if we keep sending parcels out faster than they come in then eventualy one of them will be yours but if you want to ring an office someone might pretend to be able to do something for you if it makes you feel better’

Its probably burried under a big backlog in the back of van of the guy who does your round at this time of year he’ll have about 17 secs to deliver every parcel and keep to time. next time you see UK mail on your road grab him and look in the back. thats how i found a missing delivery a few years ago.

andyl
    Free Member

tracking now back up and reinstated to “part delivered”

Three_Fish
    Free Member

changed to “please call”… Emailed their head of customer service this morning – nothing yet.

What happened when you called?

andyl
    Free Member

I spoke to someone who too my number and said the depot would call us back. Tried calling again but gave up after 20 min on hold…

bencooper
    Free Member

Ha, I spent 90 minutes yesterday driving out to the UK Mail depot to collect a bike part they were meant to deliver on the 12th.

Here’s the list of depot direct numbers I used to pester them:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1299598998

hels
    Free Member

The part about looking in the back makes me laugh ! A couple of years ago my luggage on the way back from NZ got caught in the big delays at Heathrow. One big travel bag and one road bike in a soft case. Not too bothered, you generally get it eventually.

Guy turns up with a truck with travel bag. Swears blind that is the only thing for me , even goes back to the truck to check, comes back empty handed. I reason/persuade/cry enough about the bike, and the fact that I have two texts saying delivery of each bag at the same time.

Eventually he lets the crazy woman look in the truck herself to confront her own insanity. The bike is right there !! Its huge and in a bag with a big labe sayig BIKE.

So yeah anyway long boring story short, but always look in the back of the truck !!

andyl
    Free Member

Ben – cheers for that. Tried the 1st number and it told me to call the CS number which I just hung up from after being on hold. Tried the 2nd number and got through to the depot.

Spoke to a supervisor there who confirmed they were investigating the driver (one of their Christmas drivers). I compared phone numbers for the driver with them and got his details in case I need to go through my CC and they want a crime ref.

Apparently it went out on the van but didn’t come back. At least they have also confirmed to me that their records show it was only part delivered.

Could well be in the back of the truck but 3 days? hmm

andyl
    Free Member

I ended up calling them on the 23rd december and told them to issue a refund, which they agreed to. I then went out and bought another ipad from the Apple store in person. So I thought it was all done and dusted with but…

A couple of days ago I got en email off them asking for a photograph of my drivers passport for the missing parcel investigation. I checked my statement and no sign of the refund so I emailed the guy looking after my case.

No reply. Just had an email from Apple asking if we got our delivery!

Still no reply from UK mails customer service too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Place your bets – will we get our Ipad? (UK Mail 'issues')’ is closed to new replies.