Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Place to stay near Leyland (or Blackpool)?
  • alpinegirl
    Free Member

I am off in a couple of weeks to buy myself a new touring bike from a shop in Leyland. I have had to bribe my sister to come with me (to do the driving!) with the promise of a trip to Blackpool and a night in a half decent hotel. Does anyone have any suggestions of good places to stay in that area – or where to eat? I'm not that super keen on staying in Blackpool but would like to be near the coast…

Thanks!

ourmaninthenorth

Assume you are going to see the nice Mr Hewitt for your bike. Good choice. 😀

I would also avoid Blackpool itself as a place to stay. How about trying somewhere nearby, like Lytham or St Annes? Both are nicer than Blackpool, and no doubt have plenty of B&Bs.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

There is a hotel immediately off the M6/Leyland junction – think it is a chain hotel, so that might be an option.

montylikesbeer

2nd Lytham its very nice

ourmaninthenorth

There is a hotel immediately off the M6/Leyland junction

Park Hall?

yoshimi

I think he means the Best Western.

Digimap
    Free Member

Grew up in Lytham, nice quiet town. This B&B looks good but expensive:
    http://www.theroomslytham.co.uk

Blackpool is nasty but if you must there's a premier inn at the end of the M55.

failedengineer

The Dalmeny in St Annes used to be good – right on the seafront.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Assume you are going to see the nice Mr Hewitt for your bike.

Yup! Planning for my great escape tour next year. I have to admit that I was very slightly swayed by the fact you can choose the colour 😳

Thanks for all the suggestions – I'll check out Lytham and St Annes then. With just an evening trip into Blackpool to see the illuminations!

grim168
    Free Member

+1 for the Hewitt. I treat myself for my 40th a couple of years ago and did lejog on it. Cracking bike and a very nice bloke as well.

timc
    Free Member

I presume you dont want to hang out with Grannys? Liverpool & Manchester both an hour away from Blackpool via leyland…

flyingfox
    Free Member

Guy's, Bilsborough on A6. Really nice and huge Jacuzzis in rooms.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

The Grand in Lytam (or is is StAnnes?)

Lovely hotel.

Naranjada
    Free Member

I assume you realise that the illuminations aren't on all year round?

freddyg
    Free Member

The Best Western off the M6 is dire, avoid at all costs.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

I assume you realise that the illuminations aren't on all year round?

I didn't actually but my Mum had already pointed it out and by chance we will be there the week after they are turned on!

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

+1 for not going to Blackpool. To describe it as a dive would be generous. Much better off in Lytham. Alternatively, this place is just down the the road from me, bit pricey, but very nice.

http://www.thecartfordinn.co.uk/

Not Lytham, but Fylde coast. Lots of good road riding on the doorstep.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

yoshimi – Member
    I think he means the Best Western.

Probably this one, looks like the kind of place you'd take someone elses wife though!

DaveRambo

It will depend on how much you want to spend.
    My Dad lives in Leyland and when we visit we occasionally stay at Farington Lodge.

Nice place and not overly expensive if I recall – around £80 a night when we stayed but I called them up directly rather than going on the internet. It's in Leyland and a lot better than a great western – For me it's worth the extra money although some won't agree.

http://www.classiclodges.co.uk/Farington_Lodge_Hotel_Preston/

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Place to stay near Leyland (or Blackpool)?’ is closed to new replies.