Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Place to stay for a few guys mountain biking near Peebles
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Every Easter time, myself and a few guys I grew up with have a weekend mountain biking. We’ve gone down to Dumfries & Galloway the last few years and always stayed at the farm at Dalbeattie, kind of a posh bothy with a dormitory, kitchen, living room and hot tub.

However, this year we’re going to go to Peebles as it’s bit easier for folk to get to from Edinburgh and I feel like a change.

So, trying to find somewhere for us to stay. Approx 6 folk for a few nights. Planning on riding Glentress, Innerleithen, Golfie, other natural Tweed Valley stuff. If it was somewhere we could ride to the trails from that would be perfect. Self catering too.
    We’re also not totally loaded, so reasonably priced too.

Any suggestions?

Hot tub isn’t a deal breaker, but definitely an attraction.

buenfoxa
    Free Member

Contact Innerleithen Lets – I’ve booked 5 places with them in the last few years. Prices normally around £300 for 3 nights so cheap split between 6 people.

Riverview is the best place we’ve stayed at so far.

teethgrinder

Stayed here before:
    Kailzie Bunkhouse

Canny good

Mackem

The camping pods are fun.

http://www.glentressforestlodges.co.uk/

jedi

the crown in peebles for me when i go

Tracey

Not self catering but the Tontine Hotel is good and biker friendly.

lerk
    Free Member

Innerhaven hands down…

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I always stay here. Clean, friendly, bike stand and hose in the garage and incredible breakfasts. Quite a few bike teams have stayed there over the years at various EWS/Tweedlove events looking back through the visitor’s book. The hosts couldn’t be any nicer. It’s as short ride to Peebles and Glentress and not far from Inners (the Tweedlove International started off in Peebles and we rode to and from Inners/The Golfie so it’s no biggie if you don’t want to drive)

We’ve booked already for Tweedlove this year.

http://www.craiguart.co.uk/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Place to stay for a few guys mountain biking near Peebles’ is closed to new replies.